Mike Barrio

Wild Stoves New
« on: 25/10/2013 at 14:34 »
Some interesting looking stuff on this website :cool:

http://wildstoves.co.uk/

Derek Roxborough

Re: Wild Stoves
« Reply #1 on: 25/10/2013 at 20:05 »
well impressed with one of the lighter stoves, could save on expensive gas canisters, over the season
easgach 1

Euan Innes

Re: Wild Stoves New
« Reply #2 on: 25/10/2013 at 22:34 »
Guys,
The Woodgas 2 gets a lot of great reviews on the bushcraft forums so that's the one to go for.

HOWEVER, I have an MSR Pocket Rocket gas stove that boils water really fast and  is easy to carry in. At Loch Park wood is not a problem to get a Woodgas stove going but Loch Beannie is going to be heather only so not so good.

I like the Woodgas stove. If you need heat and coffee that's your baby. All nighters by a loch, camping in Assynt, heating your tinned macaroni and cheese (Iain  :z4) it is slower than gas but better overall. Just coffee, MSR gas.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 26/10/2013 at 17:36 »
Ewan,
on the website from your link you will find the Cobb premier BBQ out door stove and oven. I have had one for a couple of years now and it is the business, you can cook anything with it. It is worth a look.

Eddie. :z18

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 26/10/2013 at 17:44 »
Eddie,
Despite the 4kg weight I think I know what I'd like to see at Beannie next year. :z4 :z4 :z4

I have one of these...

http://www.forfoodsmokers.co.uk/acatalog/Brinkmann_Smoke_n_Grill_-_.html

and I love it. Beer butt chicken (turkey at Xmas) is fantastic. Any slow cooked meat on it is so moist and tender, smoked sausages rock and the smell drives the neighbours daft!

:z1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 26/10/2013 at 19:40 »
 I have just bought , in the US ,a Titanium wood burner it folds up and weighs 3oz have a look on Amazon.com, there are aclot of designs on there,I wanted one for back packing, and the others are all quite heavy, and with the 100gm gas cartridges now £3.50 if you are out a lot then a years gas gets expensive,, I will let you know what its like when I pick it up at my sons next week, away for 3 weeks in the California sun, may get some sea fishing in  :cool:   easgach 1

Iain Cameron

« Reply #6 on: 27/10/2013 at 07:52 »
... heating your tinned macaroni and cheese (Iain  :z4)

Well you wouldn't eat it cold, that would be barbaric

Euan's pocket rocket does get things all hot and steamy very quickly...

Allan Liddle

« Reply #7 on: 29/10/2013 at 19:47 »
Steady Iain, hot and steamy on a fishing forum??????

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 30/10/2013 at 08:21 »
I like my Jetboil. Everything fits inside the main cup, including the gas cylinder, and I can have my "boil in the bag" food ready in 3 minutes flat.

Most important thing is that it does not have a "naked flame", something which you are not meant to have when "wild" according to the  likes of the foresty Commission, Access Code and so on.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com