Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Season's End
« on: 10/10/2013 at 13:44 »
Well what can I say?  Another season's come and gone and in a bid to see off the 'Winter Blues' it was with much excitement a group of us ventured forth on the Annual Season End Crask Bash, or Liver Bashing as it's become known.

Brilliant place, brilliant bunch of likeminded 'Troot Bums' great scenery, great fishing and simply fantastic hosts in Mike and Kai Geldard.  Anyone not been to the Crask simply has to, you don't go, you 'experience'.  Certainly not the Ritz or Hilton and many might not be so enamoured by it's 'Rustic Charm', for me it's simply a truly wonderful place.  Unspoiled.

Anyway what about the fishing?  Well no rod-benders were harmed by me, although Jim from Islay did land a cracking (if a little coloured) back-end Salmon out of Loch Shin on the final day leaving him feeling more than a little chuffed.
Great sport throughout the entire trip and fantastically coloured fish who simply didn't want to give up easily.  One wee hill loch fish seemed to be on a mission to fight as hard as they could for as long as they could, simply didn't know when to give up.  Then again with a good 12oz average size (pretty good for a wild hill loch) they had the bulk for it.

All too soon it all came to an end and it was time to say farewells to friends old and new, as well as to a landscape that never fails to catch your eye.

Roll on next year, hope you're at least half as good as the one just passed.

Allan

Survivors

Last Drift

Autumn Gold

Red River

Sparkling Jewels

Spotty

Mike Barrio

Re: Season's End
« Reply #1 on: 10/10/2013 at 13:50 »
Great stuff with nice photos Allan ..... thanks for sharing :z16

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Season's End
« Reply #2 on: 10/10/2013 at 19:06 »
Loving the photo's Allan, got to get there next year  :z16

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com