Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 25th )
« on: 26/06/2007 at 00:42 »
Hi folks  :cool:

Here is this week's news from Haddo ....... photos to follow soon  :z3

A "rather damp" Haddo Float Tube Gathering produced three personal bests for the 10 anglers taking part on Sunday. Kipps Kerr tempted 17 fish up to approx 14 lb, Peter Scott 8 up to 12 lb and Damian Bruce 25 fish up to 11 lb. Henry Lockhart and young Andrew also enjoyed good sport with 10 fish each up to 9 lb, Dave Olley netted 10 up to 4 lb on his wee bamboo and Fred Carrie ( turned up a day early  :z4 ) and had 12 fish up to 10 lb.

From the boats this week, Graham Lyttle tempted 10 fish up to approx 5 lb, Stephen Jack 14 up to 6 lb, Rod MacKay 19 up to 3 lb, Alistair Davidson 22 up to 8½ lb, Dave Batty 8 up to 14 lb, Fred Aram 10 up to 6 lb, Gordon Bird 9 up to 10 lb, Jim Nicol 12 up to 9 lb, Ian MacKenzie 11 up to 10 lb, Andrew Mott 8 up to 14 lb, Gary Marshall 14 up to 5 lb and Lloyd Rattray netted 20 fish up to 6 lb.

Brian Carle won the 3½ hr Friday Evening Tackle Competition this week with 27 fish up to approx 13 lb, Scott Carle and Kevin Reid were also on good form with 21 fish each up to about 6 lb.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
 :z2

wildfisher

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 25th )
« Reply #1 on: 27/06/2007 at 12:36 »
Quote from: "Mike Barrio"
Fred Carrie ( turned up a day early  :z4 ) and had 12 fish up to 10 lb.

aye but at least it was dry (almost)   :z4

angler9787

« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2007 at 16:47 »
A big thank you to Mike. After some great advise I tried the float tube last Friday 22nd and over about 3 hours took 9 fish with a PB of a rainbow about 8lb. Also took my first ever blue. Now bought a tube off Mike and its the best most relaxing fishing I've ever done. The hospitality, advise, surroundings and quality hard fighting fish are an absolute credit to Mike.

Cheers mate.

ps. Just off a 4 hr ticket today on my own tube and although hard going took 3 tigers (1st ones ever) and a blue about 4lb. Can't get enough of this place. Best buzzer water ever.

Garry

Ross

« Reply #3 on: 04/07/2007 at 18:38 »
Pah, its always one thing after another! First time, I take a thin water proof jacket...get soaked! Second time, I take a thick water proof jacket...forget my bloody hood...soaked :shock :cry

Fantastic fun though, was quite warm rain so was pretty good ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com