Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Suggestions Barrio line for Hardy Demon 9´#5
« on: 19/09/2013 at 09:55 »
Does anyone have any suggestions of floating Barrio lines suitable for this rod? Please come with your input of which line and why you think it matches so good!

Regards Mikael

Mike Barrio

Re: Suggestions Barrio line for Hardy Demon 9´#5
« Reply #1 on: 19/09/2013 at 09:58 »
Hi Mikael ..... welcome to the forum :z16

I haven't got a Demon, so it will be interesting to see what replies you get.

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 19/09/2013 at 12:47 »
I've cast that rod a few times but would not say that I a experienced with it.  What are you intending to use the rod & line for and what is your casting ability?

Cheers

Ben

« Reply #3 on: 19/09/2013 at 13:09 »
I would say that Im avarage caster, flyfishing for about 23 years. The rod will be used for dry/wet/nymph/streamer fishing, both in streams and lakes. Maybe to much to fulfill for one line but...  :z4

Mike Barrio

Re: Suggestions Barrio line for Hardy Demon 9´#5 New
« Reply #4 on: 19/09/2013 at 13:44 »
Any customer feedback that I have received regarding the Hardy Demon rod suggests that the Barrio GT90 and GT125 lines appear to be the most popular choices for it.

Best wishes
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #5 on: 19/09/2013 at 16:44 »
hi Mikael,
what lines (and their wt rating) have you been using so far with this rod ?
cheers,
marc

« Reply #6 on: 19/09/2013 at 17:26 »
Hi

The rod is unfished so far, just bought it. I have a Demon 10´ #7 that Ive been using with a GT90 intermediate for the seatrout in springtime in the ocean here on the west coast in Sweden, which is a good match.
I have a RIO grand #5 that I will try with the rod. But it would also be nice to try more Barrio lines!  :z4

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #7 on: 19/09/2013 at 23:33 »
DON'T !!!!! a Grande will forever spoil that rod with a horrible unremovable mojo which will cause incessant tailing loops and all fish will break off while laughing at you :z4

Get a GT90 5wt ...  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com