Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

The calm before the storm
« on: 14/09/2013 at 16:48 »
Well I was supposed to fish Lochindorb tomorrow , however after seeing the forecast I decided that discretion would be the better part of valour. I decided to fish a Loch between Keith and Dufftown.

Weather was perfect, warm, light breeze. I started off fishing into the reeds on the shore where you walk in nothing doing. I finned across to the railway side, It's great fishing there in the tube, lots of features, fallen trees etc you can get right in about in the tube. A few pulls and lost one, thought it was one of those days.
Saw a few fish rise out in the middle of the loch the so had a go there, it was fish a cast. There were a few olives coming off the odd sedge and daddies but no real sustained hatches. I fished my wets "Durty Weeker" on the point and "Snipe & Purple " on the dropper. Had a good day, nothing huge biggest around 14"

Oh and to top off a fine day, they folk who run the loch had left my 1/2 a dozen eggs at my car  :cool:
 :z18

Jim

Euan Innes

Re: The calm before the storm
« Reply #1 on: 14/09/2013 at 22:11 »
Loving your work Jim.
I think I know where you were as Iain and I are there next week. I will be so pissed if the BBC weather forecast is wrong for tomorrow but happy if I get to your loch next sunday.
Broonies make me happy.  :z16

:z1

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 14/09/2013 at 22:14 »
Tell them I said thanks for the eggs  :z4

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 15/09/2013 at 00:30 »
Great photos Jim, looks like you enjoyed a good day :z16

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 15/09/2013 at 08:13 »
Nice fish Jamesbo  :z16

Is that a new camera? Just a hunch.

I hope your eggs were not like those trout.......... poached  :z4

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 15/09/2013 at 08:43 »
Nice fish Jamesbo  :z16

Is that a new camera? Just a hunch.

I hope your eggs were not like those trout.......... poached  :z4

Iain

Iain

Aye new camera Olympus Tough

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 15/09/2013 at 09:25 »
Looks lie a god day out Jim, picked a nice day for it too.  Don't think I would have fancied Lochindorb in a tube today!

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 15/09/2013 at 12:30 »
So much for the bad weather, I'd class this as a 3wt day???

Iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #8 on: 15/09/2013 at 14:58 »
Good pics Jim, great wee loch.

I managed a quick afternoon wandering the Don, very blowy, but managed a couple of bonus trout on a pink spider.

Today hasn't been gales I'd been expecting, but Lochindorb probably still would have been a bit lumpy!
cheers
iain

Allan Liddle

« Reply #9 on: 15/09/2013 at 23:08 »
Great stuff Jim.
To be fair Lochindorb would probably have been excellent today, fishes fantastic back end in a big wave, big flees short line, memorable stuff, had a lot of red letter days up there on days like today.  :z16 :z16

Managed a couple of hours out on a river near me yesterday (6.00pm to 8.00pm) and nailed a few on the dries (around the 10-12 inch mark, before missing out on a Rod Bender (lifted too quick, schoolboy error).

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com