Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Will Shaw

Re: GuideLine Drifter Float tube
« Reply #15 on: 21/08/2013 at 12:41 »
Mine's an early-ish one Rob, about 5 or 6 years old years old. Think there may have been a redesign just recently as I've seen a few black ones kicking around. Be good if they've addressed some of the issues.

I think it depends on how much and what kind of use they get. I hardly used mine until this year when it's been out every week since March, fully loaded, carried a decent distance over fences etc. and generally kicked about.

As I say, I'm really happy with it. I've had a complete blast fishing from it. At first I felt a bit at the mercy of the wind, but I think once you develop some flippering skills (!) it get's easier, just like running a boat actually.

Would love to try out the Fat Cat though at some stage.... Oh and a Dave Scadden (?) kick boat/float tube hybrid...  :cool:

W.

Will Shaw

« Reply #16 on: 21/08/2013 at 12:44 »
I'm going to see if I can fabricate a new line tray.  Not that it is too small but it could be deeper.  I'm a real blow the line can get blown out of the tray either between you and the tube or on to the water.  I'd like to get a semi solid one for it although it will probably end up being cable ties cropped short from the underside. 

I was thinking of fitting a massive bib that I can tuck in under my chin...  :z18

W.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #17 on: 21/08/2013 at 13:17 »
Mine's just over a year old and original colour, came driect from Guideline in NO so I assume it is the latest issue, think it's the same as yours Will.

I was thinking of fitting a massive bib that I can tuck in under my chin... 

W.

you've probably just about reached that point in life mate  :z4

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #18 on: 21/08/2013 at 13:17 »
a few zip-ties at the bottom of this and you're good to go !  :cool:

Djordje Andjelkovic

« Reply #19 on: 21/08/2013 at 16:17 »
Have the Guidelines been redesigned then? The guys I know using them have been for 5-8 years and never had an issue, not one.

The thing that impressed me with them was the construction, with quadruple stitching and solid fittings.

Lookig at the photo at the start of the thread, I realised that either Djordje is either huge, or the Guidelines have got smaller.

...who knows  :z4

My previous was Pool 12 and comparing Pool 12 and GuideLine I think that GuideLine is little bit smaller than Pool 12. Maybe air compartments are bigger.

Ben and Will, yes I will changed D rings with.

I would like to have bigger the line tray but this one is OK. There missing middle safety belt, which connect seat and ( I do not know right word for plastic pipe which connect left and right side) and is is real necessary for safety or not?

Thanks for useful advice.

Suggest me some good fly rod holder. I tried to find some shop in Europe who sell this one model, but I did not find.

Djordje

Will Shaw

« Reply #20 on: 22/08/2013 at 21:13 »
a few zip-ties at the bottom of this and you're good to go !  :cool:

Exactly Marc! Just put a Simms logo on it and we're done. $200.  :z16

W.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #21 on: 23/08/2013 at 10:20 »
better yet, a Barrio sticker ! 300£   :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com