Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: Lochindorb in September
« Reply #30 on: 18/09/2013 at 09:14 »
No, not Lochindorb, but Euan "soundmixer" and I are having a last fling float tube at wee brownie loch north-west of Aberdeen on SUNDAY 22nd - anyone else around who fancies a float? 

Allan Liddle

« Reply #31 on: 22/09/2013 at 17:22 »
Couldn't make the Sunday, but last minute cancelation meant i could go to Lochindorb yesterday.
It was excellent, plenty troots great scenery fantastic back end jaunt.
Claret Hog and my new detached Sting in the Tail Daddy emptied it.

Any chance you guys have of a last minute assault here i'd recommend you take it.

Allan

Euan Innes

« Reply #32 on: 22/09/2013 at 19:39 »
Full report from Park to follow, but lets just say that your daddies are the daddy Allan  :z16

:z1

Euan Innes

« Reply #33 on: 23/09/2013 at 09:37 »
The twice that Iain and I fished Beanie with Eddie this year one day was very windy and one day was bright sunshine. Loch Park on Sunday was both!
We stood in the car park and faced the teeth of a gale that was blowing from west to east straight up the loch. Being made of sterling stuff we tackled up, inflated tubes and headed down the the far end of the loch. Park is very weedy, but the bottom end is fishable, especially from a tube.
After a quick cuppa we set sail.

Here's a tip. The launch area is marshy so if the wind is blowing onshore be the first one into the water. That way you don't have to be the one that inhales the marsh gas! :cry

I headed for the far bank as the water is clear and the day was bright and the only shade was by the railway track.

The hunch was correct. I had one of Allan Liddles sting in the tail daddies on the dropper and third cast, bang! The 16" trout that nailed it really meant to have it so out came the forceps. Ten minutes later, bang, number two! This was another 16" trout. Over the next hour or so I sadly failed to land another three trout of about the same size, either by having too much slack in the line (did I say it was windy?) or by just being a dick. Iain did better and landed a 20"+ trout that made his day. I'm pretty sure that he got a photo so hopefully he will post that after his Assynt trip.

After lunch the sun had moved round and the shade had gone so it was a case of just paddling and prospecting. I shortened my length of line to just the head, dropped down to one fly (daddy of course) and just flicked the fly here and there. That resulted in two short rises and one more 3/4lb troot. This was my last day at the troot this year so I went home a happy bunny.  :z4

I'd like to thank Allan Liddle for all his help this year. The Corrie Killer, Bibio Emerger and the Sting in the tail Daddy have been the business for me. All are taken with confidence and all are taken best in the smaller sizes which has changed the way I have fished this year, for the better. The daddy especially has been the pattern that I have been after all these years - low riding, leggy, right colour and just trouty! Thanks Allan. :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #34 on: 23/09/2013 at 13:14 »
You're very welcome, farting about playing old mans football in Buckie yesterday otherwise i'd have joined you both.

Sting in the Tail Daddy works wonders (detached body version being demo'd at GAC this coming weekend and should be on FFFT website soon  :wink).
Worked well on a windy Lochindorb on Sat as well.

Glad you had a good day, Park's a quality water and once you've mastered how to tackle to weed give's fantastic sport, certainly something a wee bit different.

Good to hear someone else having good sport on the flies, I try and make all my dries simple and easy to tie, thanks for the kind words hope you continue to enjoy using them.   :z16 :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #35 on: 23/09/2013 at 19:06 »
Glad you had a good last day of the season Euan  :z16 It is a bonnie place. I don't like that bit for getting in and out of the water though, better bit 20 yards up the bank  :wink

:z18

Jim

Iain Cameron

« Reply #36 on: 26/09/2013 at 09:57 »
basically, what Euan said...

Fishing was a little slow, but a grand day out all round, and happy that Euan enjoyed his last trouting of the season.

I had couple of fish, including one bruiser of 18-20" - photo attached. Then packed the car for rendezvous with MattO and the trip northwards to the hills of Assynt. Still recovering today, photos later

Mike Barrio

« Reply #37 on: 26/09/2013 at 09:59 »
Great stuff :z16

Cheers
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #38 on: 26/09/2013 at 12:46 »
Bony troot Iain.
It was good end to the season. Oh and the run home was a blast! :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #39 on: 30/09/2013 at 16:59 »
Cracker Iain  :z16
End of season beckons only six days to go, and heading north to see it out this coming weekend.
Great craic, great food, great fishing and the very best of hosts await those brave enough to take up the challenge.  :z16 :z16

So the fat ladies not quite sung yet, but she's warming up the vocal chords...............................

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com