Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to June 18th )
« on: 12/06/2007 at 21:25 »
Hi folks  :cool:

Top of the water sport has continued to be good at Haddo this week, with Diawl Bachs, Bibio, Hoppers, Spiders, Bloodworm, Emergers, CDCs and the old faithful Mini Cats and Damsels all proving to be productive.

Visiting the fishery for the first time, Colin and Andy Davidson from Ayrshire netted over 75 fish for their day between them and Colin kept a nice 13½ lb trout for the table.

Keith Crocket enjoyed a good session tempting 25 fish up to 11 lb, George Niblock had 25 to 10 lb, Alistair Davidson 20 to 4 lb, John Chalmers 20 to 5 lb, Bill Main 18 to 3 lb, Hamish Young 16 to 7 lb, Gary Marshall 16 to 9 lb, Andrew Barrowman 15 to 8 lb and John Brown had 10 fish up to 5½ lb for his evening.

Rod MacKay netted a good rainbow trout of approx 14 lb, Gordon Marshall one of 10 lb, George Duncan one of 12 lb, Gavin McKintosh one of 10½ lb, Neil Buchan one of 10 lb and David Petrie tempted a nice 14 pounder.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #1 on: 19/06/2007 at 00:17 »
This week's Friday Evening Tackle Competition (June 22nd) starts at 6pm and any anglers wishing to join in the fun can contact me at the fishery on 07810 868897  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Dave B

« Reply #2 on: 21/06/2007 at 22:18 »
:grin: Mike, I have to say what a fantastic day's fishing was had on Tuesday 19th June. My brother in law Fred Aram from Nottinghamshire broke his record, a fantastic blue around 6lb. His first time fly fishing for a number of years, and he had the privilage of watching me net a couple of fantasic doubles :lol: Again, thanks, and to Ben who looked after us, Dave B.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com