Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Easter Ross
« on: 13/07/2013 at 18:54 »
Had a week in Easter Ross with the family, weather was absolutely amazing. We have stayed at this place a few times now. The Chalets are basic but are warm and clean and have everything you need. They can sleep up to 8 so work out fairly cheap http://www.ranchchalet.com/  Its a good base for exploring the Highlands

There is a wee loch about a miles walk through the woods that you can fish for £15 a week, works out well for me as I can get up and have a couple of hours fishing before coming back for my eggs and bacon and a day out with the family. The burn that runs into the loch is just under the chalet balcony, its great of an evening having a beer or a glass of wine and watching the troot rise.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Easter Ross
« Reply #1 on: 13/07/2013 at 19:19 »
Looks nice Jim :z16

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 13/07/2013 at 21:37 »
Stunning Jim, I like that sort of thing.  Most enjoyable days trout fishing I've had in years was fishing a burn up north in June.

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 13/07/2013 at 21:53 »
Looks good Jim.

If for example you had a fussy wife and mother how would the accommodation match up?

I'm all about the holiday cottage these days. Take turns at cooking and take a good bar with you.  It cheaper and more sociable than going away as a family and staying in a hotel.

Matt

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 13/07/2013 at 21:59 »
Matt
If you had a fussy wife and MIL, I would not bother, its very 70's decor etc but fine if you can live with that  :wink

:z18

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 13/07/2013 at 22:47 »
Jim,
great photos, looks like you had a grand time.

Matt,
There is a newly refurbished cottage in Durness that you can rent and fish the limestone lochs at vey reasonable rates. It has a brand new kitchen and I am sure that even the most fussy of ladies could be persuaded to stay there.

The fishing is not too shabby either.

Go on you know you want to.

Eddie. :X2

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 14/07/2013 at 10:44 »
Cool Jim  :z16

I liked the picture of the Troot.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com