Jim Eddie

Easter Ross
« on: July 13, 2013, 18:54:56 PM »
Had a week in Easter Ross with the family, weather was absolutely amazing. We have stayed at this place a few times now. The Chalets are basic but are warm and clean and have everything you need. They can sleep up to 8 so work out fairly cheap http://www.ranchchalet.com/  Its a good base for exploring the Highlands

There is a wee loch about a miles walk through the woods that you can fish for 15 a week, works out well for me as I can get up and have a couple of hours fishing before coming back for my eggs and bacon and a day out with the family. The burn that runs into the loch is just under the chalet balcony, its great of an evening having a beer or a glass of wine and watching the troot rise.

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Mike Barrio

Re: Easter Ross
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 19:19:20 PM »
Looks nice Jim :z16
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Ben_D

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 21:37:00 PM »
Stunning Jim, I like that sort of thing.  Most enjoyable days trout fishing I've had in years was fishing a burn up north in June.

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 21:53:19 PM »
Looks good Jim.

If for example you had a fussy wife and mother how would the accommodation match up?

I'm all about the holiday cottage these days. Take turns at cooking and take a good bar with you.  It cheaper and more sociable than going away as a family and staying in a hotel.

Matt

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 21:59:36 PM »
Matt
If you had a fussy wife and MIL, I would not bother, its very 70's decor etc but fine if you can live with that  :wink

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 22:47:42 PM »
Jim,
great photos, looks like you had a grand time.

Matt,
There is a newly refurbished cottage in Durness that you can rent and fish the limestone lochs at vey reasonable rates. It has a brand new kitchen and I am sure that even the most fussy of ladies could be persuaded to stay there.

The fishing is not too shabby either.

Go on you know you want to.

Eddie. :X2
As Shakespeare said, it is better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.

Goolager

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
Cool Jim  :z16

I liked the picture of the Troot.

Iain

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk