Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: Fishing Car
« Reply #30 on: 17/08/2013 at 23:03 »
Yeah, wot he said.........Kev you divot!

Iain

Kevin Muir

« Reply #31 on: 17/08/2013 at 23:36 »
Stop your complaining, it was only a mud guard :lol.  and anyway, it was driver error (on your part Mr A).

Did you not watch Bullseye on the telly in your youth, "stay out of the mud and on the track" or something like that :z4.

That track was almost as flat as a bowling green this year (in some very short sections):z4

Kev.

Hamish Young

« Reply #32 on: 17/08/2013 at 23:48 »
..... did you look at/compare the Yeti too?

Can't speak for Jim but my new works 'toy' is a Yeti 4x4 TDi SE (140) and it's good. Damn good.

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #33 on: 19/08/2013 at 07:43 »
60.5 mpg average fuel consumption :cool: 

I bought a "eco" diesel a few years back for the work run, small, 4 seater and paid a whopping £3k for the super efficient engine.

I never once got abouve 52mpg despite a promised 72.4mpg!

60.5 is superb, and you will get a few more as the thing beds in.

Maybe I should look at one rather than the diesel boxer Subaru

Hamish Young

« Reply #34 on: 19/08/2013 at 10:12 »
The diesel Scooby isn't all that good on jungle juice Rob, torque is a wee bit low too compared to a conventional 4 cylinder TD.
However, it is a super smooth engine if a little thirsty compared to other TDs.
Depending on what happens with work I might be looking at a Forester soon, at the moment they're hard to find without a slushbox though  :z6

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #35 on: 19/08/2013 at 10:22 »
The diesel Scooby isn't all that good on jungle juice Rob, torque is a wee bit low too compared to a conventional 4 cylinder TD.
However, it is a super smooth engine if a little thirsty compared to other TDs.
Depending on what happens with work I might be looking at a Forester soon, at the moment they're hard to find without a slushbox though  :z6

I have no issues with buying a Subaru with an auto. I have one now...superb! Also, you get better MPG, around 2-5 over a manual. I was a bit worried about an auto in snow and ice having had an auto disco, but the subaru version is amazing when it gets iffy.

I average around 32-35 mpg with the petrol, and with petrol being cheaper, service costs being cheaper, the fact they are £2k cheaper than a diesel to buy and only 8-10mpg less than the diesel, I may buy another petrol as I do like the boxer engine (mine is a 2.5). Cass is getting around 38 mpg from her 2.0 boxer. There are everal online running cost calculators that show over a 3 year period, the petrol works out cheaper is averaging 15k a year.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #36 on: 25/08/2013 at 16:41 »
Can't speak for Jim but my new works 'toy' is a Yeti 4x4 TDi SE (140) and it's good. Damn good.

Hamish

One thing I had against the Yeti was that the Scout had a third more boot space. I looked at the Kuga as well but again short on boot space.

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #37 on: 25/08/2013 at 18:47 »
No argument there Jim, the boot space in the Yeti is fine for putting the shopping in but sh1te for fishing tackle (especially Salmon rods) :roll
It is quite an accomplished all-rounder though  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #38 on: 25/08/2013 at 19:18 »
No argument there Jim, the boot space in the Yeti is fine for putting the shopping in but sh1te for fishing tackle (especially Salmon rods) :roll
It is quite an accomplished all-rounder though  :z16

Skoda don't make bad cars Hamish  :wink Audi technology at Ford prices  :z16

Jim

Peter McCallum

« Reply #39 on: 25/08/2013 at 21:40 »
Skoda don't make bad cars Hamish  :wink Audi technology at Ford prices  :z16

Jim

Sorry to disagree Jim but my Octavia estate was a dog  :oops cost me a fortune on repairs (dual mass flywheel, turbo, brake calipers) in less than 12 months....... needless to say just after my warranty ran out. Got shot of it after the computer started going crazy.

Other than that it was a brilliant car  :shock

Ben Dixon

« Reply #40 on: 25/08/2013 at 21:50 »
Or you could have Nissan design at Alfa prices Jim  :z4

Might look ok in red?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #41 on: 25/08/2013 at 21:53 »
Sorry to disagree Jim but my Octavia estate was a dog  :oops cost me a fortune on repairs (dual mass flywheel, turbo, brake calipers) in less than 12 months....... needless to say just after my warranty ran out. Got shot of it after the computer started going crazy.

Other than that it was a brilliant car  :shock

There is always the exception to the rule Peter  :shock Things have moved on since the 70's  :z4

Ben  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #42 on: 13/09/2013 at 13:50 »
Currently working on a Safe Driving course and was pointed to this video for reference to stability control and "the moose test".

About 1:10, the Daci Duster 4 x 4. Errrm, no thanks!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #43 on: 17/09/2013 at 17:50 »
Not much room for gear?

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #44 on: 17/09/2013 at 18:21 »
no probs if you consider it a two-seater....  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com