Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: Fishing Car
« Reply #15 on: 30/07/2013 at 05:11 »
Nice motor Jim , much the same as mine but with a differant badge!  :z14

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 30/07/2013 at 14:36 »
That would be my other choice if I was not a big Subaru Ootback fan.

The Scout is worth the extra cash!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #17 on: 30/07/2013 at 14:52 »
That would be my other choice if I was not a big Subaru Ootback fan.

The Scout is worth the extra cash!

Rob

Depends where you buy it, I got one in Englandshire, £4k less than exactly the same model from the skoda dealer up here. I have not bought a car in Aberdeen for as long as i can remember.

:z18

Jim 

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 31/07/2013 at 07:43 »
Rob

Depends where you buy it, I got one in Englandshire, £4k less than exactly the same model from the skoda dealer up here. I have not bought a car in Aberdeen for as long as i can remember.

Jim 

:z16 :z16 Its amazing isn't it. For my last Volvo I was quoted £350+ for a 3 year service in Aberdeen from Arnold Clark, for exactly the same service at Barnetts of undee, £201. How two main dealers can be so different on a Volvo scheduled service I don't know.

I really should go to Norfolk to buy a new car, my father seems to be able to get massive discounts compared to up here.

Graham Nicol

« Reply #19 on: 31/07/2013 at 08:20 »
I have a Subaru Forester being my second one cannot fault either. Over 10 years there has not been a glitch with the car and I probably average over 10k per year. These have been driven down some awful tracks without an issue and in my opinion is one of the most under rated vehicles out there. The only downside is the fuel consumption but the new recent diesel boxer engines are fairly economical.
Regarding the Dacia my concern is being a new model it has yet to prove itself and I would prefer to give it 12 months or so and watch user reports. If I am correct it is owned by Renault which slightly concerns me for they generally build models to appeal and not last
Anyway that's my tuppence worth

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 31/07/2013 at 12:53 »
I am thinking of a diesel Forrester as my next car. I love the Outback but not the new styling so if I want new its the Forrester or XV. The XV looks interesting, but the boot is not great and there is a bit too much excess plastic on it.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #21 on: 09/08/2013 at 14:26 »
Nice motor Jim, still sticking with the scabby old X Trail for me.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #22 on: 17/08/2013 at 09:21 »
Had my first fishing trip in the car, well pleased. Approximately 250 mile round trip getting across Aberdeen, some winding Perthshire roads and a 2/3 mile track to the loch. 60.5 mpg average fuel consumption :cool: 

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 17/08/2013 at 11:23 »
Great stuff Jim :z16

What do you think about this? ..... pretty awesome and certainly wouldn't get 60.5 mpg :z4

Noel Kelly

« Reply #24 on: 17/08/2013 at 11:58 »
Sounds just like the music from a rave I was at in France many years ago.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #25 on: 17/08/2013 at 12:08 »
Had my first fishing trip in the car, well pleased. Approximately 250 mile round trip getting across Aberdeen, some winding Perthshire roads and a 2/3 mile track to the loch. 60.5 mpg average fuel consumption :cool: 

that's excellent. Out of interest, did you look at/compare the Yeti too?
cheers
iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 17/08/2013 at 12:58 »
Not in any great detail Iain, to be honest don't really like the look of the Yeti 

Jim

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #27 on: 17/08/2013 at 13:00 »
Sounds just like the music from a rave I was at in France many years ago.

:cool:

Kevin Muir

« Reply #28 on: 17/08/2013 at 19:04 »
Hi Jim

A friend also has a diesel Octavia Scout, they are great cars.

Like you, he get fantastic MPG.  To get this performance and economy from a good sized estate car that will also take him to most of the places he shoots is just great.

They are almost the perfect fishing car in my book.

Kev.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #29 on: 17/08/2013 at 19:25 »
They are almost the perfect fishing car in my book.

Kev.

Almost Kev but you need a Surf or similar with a 2" suspension & body lift to save you Muiring it off road.  How's your gear selector held on just now and what happened to it? Please remind me  :z7

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com