Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ross

Haddo Float Tube Gathering ( June 24th )
« Reply #15 on: 23/06/2007 at 19:10 »
Here's hoping the rain stays away!!!! :shock:

Ross

« Reply #16 on: 24/06/2007 at 16:51 »
Excellent day out, landed 4! Had to bail out early though...cold, wet and feeling rather rubbish :shock:

Jim Eddie

Float tube day
« Reply #17 on: 24/06/2007 at 21:04 »
Aye it perssisted down all day  :grin:  still a grand day out all the same  :cool:

:z18

Jim

sightbob

« Reply #18 on: 24/06/2007 at 22:20 »
sorry i couldn't make it mike, can't lie the weather put me off and i haven't been feeling great lately so decided it was best i stayed in bed for a while today.
 :z6
hope to make the next one.
cheers
brian

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 25/06/2007 at 00:31 »
Great stuff, the fish certainly came on from about 5 or 6pm onwards ........ after the rain died down  :wink:

Damian ended the day with a personal best of 25 fish, including a blue of approx 8 to 9 lb and an 11 lb rainbow.

Kipps had 17 fish ........ including a personal best rainbow of approx 14 lb.

Peter Scott netted 8 fish up to approx 12 lb, Jim Eddie 8 to 4 lb, Dave Olley 10 to 4 lb on the bamboo, Paul Stephen 5 to 4 lb, Henry 10 up to 9 lb, young Andrew 10 to 6 lb 8 oz, Ross 4 to 4 lb in the morning and I had a few tigers and a couple of nice rainbows myself too  :cool:

So a tad over 100 fish for the day with bloodworm, spiders, partridge & yellow, CDCs, buzzers, "scooby" and the "kipps blob" on the menu  :z4

I enjoyed myself too  :z16

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 25/06/2007 at 00:34 »
Hope Brian and Ross feel better soon ......... in time for the next gathering  :wink:

Cheers
Mike

PDScott

« Reply #21 on: 25/06/2007 at 07:51 »
Despite the "curse" of the Float Tube Day, I had a great day with my personal best to date. Damien showed that his boy scout skills have not been lost in lighting the barbecue in the monsoon conditions! It is amazing what can be done with a piece of soggy cardboard. Just my luck that I had to go home just before the fish decided to be more co-operative. Thanks once again go to Mike for his usual hospitality.
See you all at the next one!
Peter

float tube gathering
« Reply #22 on: 25/06/2007 at 15:19 »
Hi Mike
                       Would just like to thank you for a grand day out, with great bunch of guys, and are looking forward to the next one.

Thank You
Henry and Andrew
The water Buoys
 :lol:  :z4  :z4  :grin:

Dave Olley

« Reply #23 on: 27/06/2007 at 16:01 »
Hi Mike
Another great day. Can you book a dry one for next time though. Every float tube day I've been to this year it has lashed down :cry:
See you for the next one

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com