Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

flyloon

Advise for Inverurie burgh fishing on dee
« on: 20/05/2013 at 19:39 »
I am thinking of getting a day ticket this week for inverurie on don for trout as I am new to fly fishing I am looking for quite stretch of water on this beat  to practice my casting  maybe even get a wider stretch i can try to get the fly out a bit further i am not looking to wade just fish from the bank can anyone give me any nice stretch which mite fit the bill thanks

Ben Dixon

Re: Advise for Inverurie burgh fishing on dee
« Reply #1 on: 20/05/2013 at 19:59 »
I presume you mean the Inverurie Burgh fishings on the Don?

Why don't you just walk the bank and find somewhere that suits your needs?  That is what I would do.

If you can't find anywhere suitable at Inverurie, try further upstream, Ardhuncart maybe.

Cheers

flyloon

« Reply #2 on: 20/05/2013 at 20:14 »
Hi yes sorry I did mean the don yeah I will just go for a walk along the bank and if the fishing ain't good can always get a pint or two in inverurie afterwards  :z18

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 20/05/2013 at 22:19 »
Why don't you just walk the bank and find somewhere that suits your needs? 

Sound advice, time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted :z16

If you can't find anywhere suitable at Inverurie, try further upstream, Ardhuncart maybe.

I hear Ardhuncart is nice at this time of year  :z12

H :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 21/05/2013 at 10:22 »
Flyloon

If you do not like Inverurie on Don or Ardhuncart, try the Angus coastal plain, there is some good fishing there  :wink

:z18

Jim   

flyloon

« Reply #5 on: 21/05/2013 at 14:18 »
thanks for the advise lads will try a day ticket for inverurie and try be for i buy a season ticket for trout  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com