Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

ATH Fly reel
« on: 14/05/2013 at 13:09 »
For sale

An ATH Gallatin 2 fly reel in Gold and silver with a spare spool. These reels were made In Denmark after ATH bought out the rights to Ari Harts designs.
They are machined to the highest standards from the highest quality Aluminium and are fantastic bits of kit.

This one is in near mint condition and has not been used. The reel comes with its original Neoprene pouch, but there is no pouch for the spool.
The drag is perfect having never been used and there are no marks on the titanium reel foot. It is Left hand wind and is not changeable, this is why i have never used it. I had bought it with a mind to keep it for posterity but it seems silly to have such nice gear not being used.
Hopefully someone out there would love it too and give it some exercise, The ATH reels are not as collectible as the Original Ari Hart reels but that just means you don't mind using them. This reel has a capacity of a WF6F and 100yds of backing

I'm looking for £375 delivered, Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for looking :z18

Sandy

Sandy Nelson

Re: ATH Fly reel
« Reply #1 on: 22/05/2013 at 23:20 »
Bump!

Anyone fancy offering me £325 before I send it to the bay of E.
It's a great bargain collectible at that price :z16

Sandy

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 22/05/2013 at 23:31 »
Sandy,
This reel is right up my street and I would have bitten your hand off but I just can't reel left handed.

Even though Steven has held my stuff hostage in Malaysia he can wind left handed and if he reads t his his dad might consider  investing in this beautiful kit as this year's birthday present.

I will let you know if I hear from a young loon that uses trout reels back to front.

Eddie. :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 22/05/2013 at 23:35 »
Cheers Eddie

Will wait to hear, Im with you on the cack handed winding, but finding them RH wind is a real bitch  :z7
That's why I thought I'd try LH, but... I can't really get into it :cry hence the sale.

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 22/05/2013 at 23:50 »
I am tempted.... but then again I need other fishing gear and not to put too fine a point on it my reel fetish needs tempered with 'you'd be better putting the money towards a new car' so I'm out.

Shame. Nice reel that  :z10

H :cool:

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 23/05/2013 at 00:18 »
Hamish,
You can never have too many toys.

Eddie. :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 23/05/2013 at 18:46 »
Hamish,
You can never have too many toys.

Eddie. :z4

Get thee behind me temptation  :z7 :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 04/06/2013 at 10:33 »
SOLD

Thanks for looking :z18

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com