Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Buchan

Streamers
« on: 12/05/2013 at 19:37 »
Tied up a few streamers this week to have a go on the don.  Got some Clear cure Hydro which i am really impressed with not tacky at all and makes putting eyes on or varnishing quill bodies really easy would recommend it  :z16.

A few zonker type streamers tied on Knapek size4 streamer hooks.

Michael

Ben Dixon

Re: Streamers
« Reply #1 on: 12/05/2013 at 22:07 »
Nice Michael, very nice  :z16

Ben

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #2 on: 12/05/2013 at 22:57 »
 :z16 :z16 :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 12/05/2013 at 23:07 »
Nice  - man shit  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 13/05/2013 at 10:21 »
Cool :z3

I like the hooks, a lot :z16.
Might need to get a camo Crash helmet,

Stealth Stig anyone........ :X1

Sandy

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #5 on: 13/05/2013 at 10:29 »
nice indeed  :z16

I dont carry anything like this to the river at the moment...am i missing a trick here?

are many of you guys fishing these regularly? what type of conditions if you dont mind me askin!?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 13/05/2013 at 12:42 »
I managed to buy a heap of discontinued stock Roman Moser barbless streamer singles in grey shadow finish. The size 4 still comes under the ADAA rule of a maximum gape of 1cm :)

They make cracking streamers :)

Michael Buchan

« Reply #7 on: 13/05/2013 at 15:52 »
Cheers Guys,

Cool hooks Rob  :z16

Jonathan i know a few people fish with streamers and must admit next to dry fly its my favorite method.  I dont think that is is necessarily the most effective in terms of numbers (although they have their day) but they are just fun to fish and i think next to targeting a rishing big fish would be one of  the next best ways of taking one as for conditions the text book answer would be when the water had a bit of colour but they can be fished at anytime.

Michael

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #8 on: 13/05/2013 at 18:45 »
Thanks Michael, looks like ill need to hit the vice and tie a few. I seem to remember Ben mentioning a big Woolly bugger with an orange cone head somewhere, guess that's the same idea. Never used zonker strips before but looks nice on your flies so might need to buy some. Especially the brown on that bottom one :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 14/05/2013 at 19:47 »
 :X1
Nice tyings Michael.  :z16

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com