Re: Barrio Integrated Scandi Spey (ISS)
« Reply #25 on: 28/02/2014 at 08:45 »
Kev putting the ISS through its paces on the Dee last summer

Ben

Mike Barrio

Hamish Young

Re: Barrio Integrated Scandi Spey (ISS) New
« Reply #27 on: 28/11/2015 at 12:01 »
It's been a while since this topic had much posting in it, but as I have been out pretty much solely with the ISS during the past season with a 9/10 on my Mackenzie DTX:Atlas 13'7" #9wt and a 10/11 on my MacKenzie 'original' DTX 15' I thought it might be useful to share some of my findings as an end of season review.
Incidentally these lines  have also been tried on a wide range of rods including Gaelforce, Sharpes, B&W, Hardy, Shakespeare and CND - plus others I've probably forgotten :!

In the tougher wind conditions experienced in the early part of the season up here in Inverness-shire the ISS was a perfect choice, it inspires confidence in anyone who uses it and in all conditions "I really can make that cast" and so on. I have experimented with 15' sinking polyleaders on both the 9/10 and 10/11 and whilst that's asking a bit of the 9/10 it coped very well. The 10/11 :? With impunity, it's as if they weren't there at all. Now this is interesting to me as although I use all sorts of polyleaders and 'T' tips I do like using longer polyleaders, I'd simply not tried them on the ISS before.

As a self confessed tackle tart I've got all sorts of Salmon lines, some really really good and some harder to use but rewarding when you get it right. This season past I did more Salmon fishing than in any season in the previous 5, with an armoury of gear to chose from it's a testament to how good this line really is that I pretty much only used the ISS (exceptions were when Euan borrowed it :!) as my go to line.
Salmon fishing next year :? You should buy one, I don't think you can afford to be without one :wink

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 28/11/2015 at 12:13 »
Great stuff Hamish ..... I'm really pleased that you like it :z16

Cheers
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #29 on: 29/11/2015 at 16:13 »
I can second all of what Hamish has said. :z16

I borrowed it once because my John Norris atlantic line was too light for the Shakespeare Oracle 14' #9/10 mk1. Once I put on the ISS the rod became a lovely thing to use. 35yds+ on the Ness in a fierce downstream wind with a 10' Rio 7" per second Versitip and a 2" brass tube,  same on the Garry (1st salmon), 3.5" per second Versitip and a single Vivian on the Upper Beauly (2nd salmon) and a 2"per second Versitip and a Silver Stoat in low water on the Dee (3rd salmon) proves it's versatility.
Closing day on the South Esk, no fish , but excellent turnover with a 10' Versileader and 15' of nylon made the fly land like a dry fly on a chalk stream.
Once you sort out running line management and your own "sweet spot" then nothing phases this line.
Bring on next season!  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com