Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Wonderful day at the Water
« on: 05/05/2013 at 20:06 »
Sometimes, when you are very lucky, you find these days to remember for a long time. I found such a great fishing day last friday.

Together with a friend I was invited to come fishing on a river near Cologne (Germany). To be short... the trout weren't really up for it, but I caught Barbel in stead of it.. A kind of fish I never had the pleasure with before.... What a great sport fish it is... It's not often that I have to use the brake of my reels, but now I did.... I made an article on my blog...

http://tight-loops.nl/?p=3200

And to tease you here by some photo's.... Hope you'll enjoy them...

Iain Goolager

Re: Wonderful day at the Water
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/2013 at 20:21 »
Haven't read the Blog yet but watched the video.

Great photo's as usual Sieger  :z16

Loved watching you play the Barbel with your left hand up the rod blank and the rod bent in a hoop. That's the way I play almost all of my fish and I've said before that you get a very good sense of how much strain you are applying to the fish & tippet.

Great stuff

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 05/05/2013 at 20:50 »
Looks like great fun on a fly rod Sieger  :z16 never seen a Barbel in the flesh, we don't have them in Scotland, oh maybe some that Rob introduced to the Clyde  :z4 only kidding Rob  :wink

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 05/05/2013 at 20:51 »
Looks really good  :z16

Sieger Devries

« Reply #4 on: 05/05/2013 at 21:11 »
Thanks guys....

And Iain... my right wrist needed a bit of support too...  :wink But you're right... you can feel the pressure you put on the rod, line and tippet much better this way.... Not needed with the smaller ones, but when even it comes close to the breaking strength.... this helps a lot.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com