Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Fly Dressers required!
« on: 03/05/2013 at 12:52 »
I have put this here as it also covers an event...

Right chaps, Banchory is having a "River Festival" this year, based on the ecology and past times of the River Dee.

As part of the celebrations there are various events happening, and work shops/demos taking place.

There is going to be a "craft village" in St Ternans park, with traditional crafts being shown, including a coracle maker, but we have a distinct lack of "river crafts" happening!!

Would any of you be up for doing some fly dressing demos? Salmon patterns would be the obvious one, being the Dee, but any fly tying demos would be appreciated?

It would be fantastic if we could get 3 or 4 to tie flies during the day.

Any takers? (Excuse the pun!)

Steven Sinclair

Re: Fly Dressers required!
« Reply #1 on: 03/05/2013 at 14:19 »
Edfish?

I would have come along Rob but it's a fair old trek from Malaysia. Plus my old man ties a far bonnier flea than myself!

Cheers,

Steven.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 03/05/2013 at 14:38 »
Depending on dates Rob I'll do that :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 03/05/2013 at 15:21 »
Dates!!..I forgot to put the dates..lol

Right, Sunday the 9th of June is the date, 12-4.00pm.

Forgot to also say Fishdee and the River Board will be doing stuff too.

Adrian, the River Dee biologist is also having a kids Bug hunting session and intor to fishing at Raemoir on Saturday the 8th, but I am not sure what is happening on that day, whether Orvis are involved or not. I think we are still waiting to hear.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 03/05/2013 at 15:29 »
Dammit, you couldn't move it to the week before? I'm in assynt that weekend and the next   :mad :cry

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 03/05/2013 at 15:32 »
Dammit, you couldn't move it to the week before? I'm in assynt that weekend and the next   :mad :cry

Afraid not, its a 3 day festival that is well under way on the planning front.

Thanks a million anyway.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 03/05/2013 at 17:03 »
Rob i'll see what i've got happening, if i can make it then i will but can't say for definate just yet.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 14/05/2013 at 13:22 »
Rob,
I have only just noticed this with my son putting my name forward (Thanks Stevie)

However I should be around that weekend as I am in Durness and Uist until the 2nd. Let me know what you need and I can put it in my diary.

Eddie. :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 14/05/2013 at 13:56 »
Rob,
I have only just noticed this with my son putting my name forward (Thanks Stevie)

However I should be around that weekend as I am in Durness and Uist until the 2nd. Let me know what you need and I can put it in my diary.

Eddie. :z18

Many thanks. We are still working out the logistics of it all, but basically it will involve tying flies and possibly letting people give it a try.

Cheers

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 14/05/2013 at 19:08 »
Rob,
no problem just let me know if you need me and when and I will be there with stuff to make a selection of flies.

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 15/05/2013 at 08:20 »
You are a star!!!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 04/06/2013 at 08:02 »
Eddie,
I have sent a PM, but just in case...

I have finally managed to get the details out of the committee for the day, Sunday the 9th.

The day runs from 12-4pm in St Ternans Park, Banchory. Thats the one behind Morrisons, not the main park. There will be a gazebo, chair and table provided.

If anyone else would like to tie a few flies on the day, please let me know and I can get another table and chair etc.

Cheers
Rob

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #12 on: 04/06/2013 at 09:00 »
Rob,
I will see you there.

Eddie. :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 04/06/2013 at 09:21 »
Hi Eddie,
I will be busy with other things around lunchtime, but I will try and get across and see you later in the day.

Many thanks again...and if you can drag anyone else along, please do.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #14 on: 04/06/2013 at 14:06 »
Hi Rob

Sorry but double booked, required to coach at kids football tournament Sunday, booked ages ago.  If i don't write it down...... :oops

Hope you have a crackin day.  :z16

Allan L

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com