Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Burnett

Hello a new boy to fishing
« on: 17/04/2013 at 17:26 »
Hello I am alan and I am new to fishing

I have been browsing this form of a cupped off weeks so about time I said hello

Well I have got my self a sharps off Aberdeen rod 10ft #7 rod and a wychwood flow reel #7/8

Been out fishing with my setup for a cupel off weeks now and getting the hang off it?

Been fishing a delgatie castel fishery and at wardend still not cot anything but will get there

Looking for some advise looking for a sinking line and have been toying with the ider off buying a starter kit in flie tying kit any advise would be good

Jim Eddie

Re: Hello a new boy to fishing
« Reply #1 on: 17/04/2013 at 19:10 »
Welcome to the forum Burnett

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 17/04/2013 at 19:34 »
Welcome to the forum Burnett

Jim

Likewise :z18

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 18/04/2013 at 07:47 »
Any relation to the Burnett of Leys Clan? :)

What sort of sinkig line are you after? Intermediate, slow sink, fast sink, bottom dredger?  If you want a decent quality line, that does not break the bank (£16), then the Northern Sport range of sinking lines available at Mullarkys can't really be beaten.

In the future, for floating lines and intermediate look no further than Barrio lines available here http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-fly-lines.html

Nice rod by the way, wish I had something like that when I started instead of the amber/orange fibreglass monster of a rod I had :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 18/04/2013 at 08:53 »
Always nice to welcome a new member. But, Alan, does the spell check function not work on your computer :z8
Just thought I'd ask  :z16

H :cool:

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 18/04/2013 at 10:19 »
Welcume Alan  :z16

:wink

Iain

Burnett

« Reply #6 on: 18/04/2013 at 14:55 »
Any relation to the Burnett of Leys 

Not that I no off

Thanks for the kind welcome

As for the spelling if you have sawdust between you ears like me spellchecker don't help ( dyslexic )

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 18/04/2013 at 22:30 »
Rob has probably got the question about which sinking line do you want/need covered, but I'd say it's worth looking at certain Airflo products.

Hope that dyslexia hasn't come with any form of dysgraphia, which could make casting a fly rod a bugger.

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 19/04/2013 at 07:46 »
it's worth looking at certain Airflo products.

Especially from Tacklebargins if you don't mind having a faded box ;)

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 19/04/2013 at 10:05 »

Burnett

« Reply #10 on: 19/04/2013 at 17:56 »
I have a arrowhead floating line what I like and a intermediate line that I am not to fond off very soft so don't no if I would be better with a other intermediate with a fast sink tip or just go out and get a new intermedet and a sink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 19/04/2013 at 19:49 »
Alan

If you know anyone that fishes, or talk to folk where ever you fish and see if you can get a cast with the lines they use and see if you like them.

Jim

Tam Greenock

« Reply #12 on: 21/04/2013 at 09:01 »
Pop along to The Bothy on Riverside Drive this morning and you might be lucky enough to get some free casting lessons from a couple of Pro's.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com