Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Artloch (up to 20 May) & NE Challenge Report
« on: 22/05/2007 at 20:17 »
There continues to be some nice top water fishing at Artloch with some excellent evening rises.   With these conditions, small dark dries have again proved very successful, followed by buzzers and wets, in particular Bibio, Black Pennell, Black Gnat.  Successful lures have included various damsel patterns and a Cats Whisker.   Examples of baskets include N Farquhar and R Phillip each tempted 12, while P Guy improved with 14, best at 5 lbs.   I Sutherland released 26 over 2 visits all from small dries, best at 7 lbs while L Wood, again over 2 visits, bagged 33, best at 6 lbs   Top rod was P Green with 19.   Released fish included a good bow circa 10lbs by N Wilson and a 9lbs bow by I Bremner, while E Morrison weighed in a cracking 8lbs 9 ozs fully finned bow.  

See www.artlochfishery.co.uk for full report

Artloch is closed casual anglers Sun 27 May

NE Challenge

Rods were bending from the start of the 2nd round of NE Challenge on Sun 20 May, sponsored by the Elgin Angling Centre, with a number of anglers bagging their take limit at their first peg.  Conditions were ideal and I Bremner released a cracking 9lbs bow during his release phase.   The final result was a win for the Gordon Fly Fishers with a total of 82 lbs with the Kintore Angling Club coming second.   The Seaforth Anglers came 3rd, followed by the Donside Fishers and the Bill Bain Fishers.   Top rod was L Wood with 16 fish winning a Wickhams Intermediate Sink Tip Fly Line, with I Sutherland in 2nd place winning a Lureflash Leader Rig Wallet for his basket of 13 fish.   L Wood also won an Artloch 2 Fish ticket for a weighed fish nearest the target weight.   Team positions are now 1st Gordon Fly Fishers, 2nd Kintore Angling Club, followed by Bill Bain Fishers, Seaforth Angling Club and Donside Fishers.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com