Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Geoff Gill

Float tube advice
« on: 12/04/2013 at 20:31 »
Hi,

Thinking of buying a float tube, was wondering if there was any ones to buy or avoid with a budget of £250-£300 and if i did get one do you find you get good use out of them, ie a worthwhile purchase. I know each person is different, but curious if accessability and ease of use justifys buying or do you end up using once a year. I would really like to try this style of fishing.

Thanks in advance  :z18

Geoff

Noel Kelly

Re: Float tube advice
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/2013 at 20:54 »
Hi Geoff

Have you tubed before? Reason I ask is when I first tubed which was at Haddo, Within minutes of starting afloat Mike basically pronounced that I would be a tuber. It's easy to see apparently. People are either happy or unhappy pretty much straight away.
Next thing is are there places you would use a tube? Or know of that you can tube?
I prob used my tubes (I also keep one back home in Ireland) 4 times last year. Mainly cause I'm obsessed with fishing the river but I loved every minute tubing as I always do. For me even if I only used it once a year it's a toy well worth having.

I have 2 Shakespeare expeditions which I would highly recommend if you could source. Also can recommend the sparton.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 12/04/2013 at 21:05 »
For me even if I only used it once a year it's a toy well worth having.

:z16 100% agree

Iain

Geoff Gill

« Reply #3 on: 13/04/2013 at 09:04 »
Cheers guys,

Not Float tubed before, but i am willing to travel and i have a van also. A toy thats worth while having is good enough for me  :z4.
Going to go for it. Just be by myself, any reccommendations on places to go.

Thanks again

Geoff

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 13/04/2013 at 10:12 »
Good man :z16
http://www.morayflyfishing.co.uk/millbuies-trout-fishery.php
Not fished there yet but intend to soon. Will let you know.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 13/04/2013 at 22:13 »
Geoff,

Not sure where you are based but if you do want to try before you buy, my tube is sat in my old mans garage (edfish on the forum) in Stonehaven. Your more than welcome to pop in past and pick it up if you like. Oh and it's a Shakey ;-)

Cheers,

Steven.

Geoff Gill

« Reply #7 on: 14/04/2013 at 10:52 »
Steven,

thanks very much for the offer, but another forum member has already offered the same previously and i will be checking it out when i get home again.

Cheers again  :z18

Geoff

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 14/04/2013 at 19:57 »
Geoff a shakey for sale. These rarely come up, I would snap it up if I was you.
http://www.flyforums.co.uk/other-fishing-equipment-clothing-books-dvds-etc/289798-float-tube-sale.html

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com