Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Orvis Demo Day at Raemoir Trout Fishery
« on: 09/04/2013 at 09:09 »
Orvis will be holding a demo day at Raemoir trout fishery on Saturday 13th April, that's this coming Saturday.

We will have most of the Orvis rod range and a selection of lines to try and a range salmon kit from MacKenzie DTX.  This is a great chance to try different salmon lines on your own rods on the water so feel free to bring along your own kit too.

There will be four qualified instructors on hand to provide short casting tune up sessions and there will be a few demos on basic casting techniques running throughout the day. 

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

Re: Orvis Demo Day at Raemoir Trout Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2013 at 15:40 »
I'll be there  :z16

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 10/04/2013 at 08:32 »
I'll be down with my pole and seatbox fishing the any method pond ;)

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 10/04/2013 at 09:13 »
Do they allow fly fishing for pike there Rob :? Do you fly fish for pike ???

H :wink

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 11/04/2013 at 09:27 »
If there is anything in particular that you would like to see, please either drop me a PM or give me a buzz at the shop (01330 824 319) and I'll try my best to make sure I have it with me.

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 15/04/2013 at 10:32 »
What a jolly cold but enjoyable afternoon I had. Cheers for handing me all sorts of kit and telling me to go and have a thrash!

Big thanks to Ben for pointers on the double handed casting..at least I got one or two tight loops and good casts. As always, Ben made it look so bloody easy!

Nice to see a few faces to.

Anyway, I hope this can become an annual and some how perhaps tied in with the ADAA as a fair few folk had youngsters there asking about local clubs and junior fishing.

Thanks again.

Loxiafan

« Reply #6 on: 15/04/2013 at 21:54 »
Aye, but did anybody end up buying any goodies ? I thought the new Helios 2 103 was very very tasty but I don't think I could justify the spondoolies or replacing my Helios 104 ! However, if I didn't have the old Helios I'd break the bank !

Orvis need to stop making good shit. Either that can I have an endorsement ? Oh, wait, youv'e gotta be good to get one of those  :z4

Lindsay

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 15/04/2013 at 22:23 »
Bang out a few more of those Kelts Lindsay and you just might!  :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #8 on: 15/04/2013 at 22:27 »
Bang out a few more of those Kelts Lindsay and you just might!  :z4

Whazat Ben ? I'd need to improve my taste in headwear first ?  :wink

Aye hopefully more Kelts on the way. If I spend the rest of my days catching Sea Trout Kelts like the one on Thursday I will be a very happy boy !  :z4

You know what, the sad thing is I am practically "Team Orvis" as is (save a nice Helios cap you can't get any more).

L

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 16/04/2013 at 08:15 »
You know what, the sad thing is I am practically "Team Orvis" as is .

Snap, but I am more of a "Secondhand Team Orvis"!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com