Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Free fishing for one rod on the Dee tomorrow
« on: 29/03/2013 at 19:28 »
Guys,
I am fishing a well known beat just below Banchory tomorrow and the other rod that I was fishing with today cannot make it tomorrow. As this is already paid for and should not be wasted, anyone who would like to fish tomorrow can send me a PM and I will give them details of the fishing.

First one to PM has a days fishing on a decent beat, we had one springer today and a load of kelts and some lost.

Eddie.

Jim Eddie

Re: Free fishing for one rod on the Dee tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 29/03/2013 at 19:39 »
Go on Eddie torture me when i'm far from home  :wink

Generous offer for somone though

:z18

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 29/03/2013 at 19:41 »
Sorry Jim,
I will see what I can do next time you are back in gods country.

Eddie.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 29/03/2013 at 19:52 »
Should be back home in May Eddie , you'd need to teach me how to handle a double hander though  :z4

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 29/03/2013 at 20:07 »
Jim,
no problem, you dont want to end up casting like me. Dont get me wrong I can throw a long line but delicate it is not. Someone else who fishes with us and is AAPGAI qualified asked me two weeks ago if I break many rods. Apparently Spey casting is supposed to be progressive and not hit as hard as you possibly can, however the sledgehammer approach has served me well so far.

Let me know when you are back and I will check availability with the owners of the beat.

Eddie.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 29/03/2013 at 20:08 »
Eddie,

I've a day booked elsewhere tomorrow or I'd bite yer head off.

Iain

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 29/03/2013 at 20:13 »
Nae problem Iain, good to see you in the shop at lunch time and I stuck with the patriot hooks in the afternoon and hooked three and landed them all but they were kelts so I will stop moaning now.

By the way if one of the troot fishers fancies a go but does not have salmon gear I have plenty spare which they can borrow. I do not like to see good spring fishing go to waste.

Eddie.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 29/03/2013 at 21:24 »
C'mon someone must be up for this!  :z8

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 29/03/2013 at 21:34 »
Iain,
I dont want you to feel even worse about this but there are even a couple of free steak pies in the hut for lunch.

:z4

Eddie.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 29/03/2013 at 21:43 »
TWAT!  :z4

Andy Finlay

« Reply #10 on: 29/03/2013 at 21:45 »
Come on guys, Eddie's a perfect host and is always happy to pass on his knowledge. Really isnt an offer to be missed  :z16.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 29/03/2013 at 21:56 »
Come on guys, Eddie's a perfect host and is always happy to pass on his knowledge. Really isnt an offer to be missed  :z16.
Andy if I was 2400 kilometers closer to home I would have bitten his hand off  :z4

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 29/03/2013 at 22:02 »
I'd make the run over from Inverness (I would) but we have family coming tomorrow to stay for Easter (how nice for me) and I am under strict 'break them on penalty of death' type orders for domestic duties at home with no chance of parole  :roll

H :cool:

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #13 on: 29/03/2013 at 22:35 »
Okay guys, I could not wait any longer. I called one of my mates and he has taken the rod.

If I get another opportunity to offer a day on the beat I will let you know. Hopefully with a bit more warning.

Eddie.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #14 on: 29/03/2013 at 22:49 »
That was a fine offer. Even if I'd been on in time to see it I'm working tomorrow (which would have been fecked off in a minute) but I've a fuked back this week so day on d hander no chance. Really fine offer though, good stuff Eddie  :z16

Goolager....you've somewhere else booked tomorrow....and it's not with the double hander I can be sure. Good luck bud, hope they are looking up!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com