Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Re: Fishing bags
« Reply #30 on: 31/03/2013 at 17:41 »
I have them Lindsay, I think it comes in green, maybe even digi barf too.

CHeers

Ben

Loxiafan

« Reply #31 on: 31/03/2013 at 18:04 »
I have them Lindsay, I think it comes in green, maybe even digi barf too.

The Green is a cool shade. The digi barf rod carrier is good, made a real difference yesterday, everything in one place !  :z16

It is either the tri-pak or guide sling, pak maybe more verastile I think.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #32 on: 31/03/2013 at 18:30 »
I like the simplicity of my old vest, as long as I don't stick too much stuff in it, it doesn't get in the way :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #33 on: 31/03/2013 at 18:31 »
here's the AMP
as a whole-

small front fly pocket patch and thingy pouch-

back & accessories that stay out of the way-

all the stuff that's inside (long list) minus fly box-

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #34 on: 31/03/2013 at 18:36 »
with large C&F box (or +/- 3small boxes)-

the only part that's weird. these holder things on the side that are completely useless. mesh pouches would have done the trick but on the other hand, not having anything there means there's nothing to snag whilst casting.

best part is the magnet closures. just pull open and push closed. absolutely brilliant. it's hard to go back to prehistoric zippers after this....   :z16

cheers,
marc

Euan Innes

« Reply #35 on: 31/03/2013 at 20:31 »
Excellent Marc.  :z16

I can't believe how much stuff you have crammed in there. I think that this is the thing I've been looking for all these years. I now just need to find the cash....

:z1

Iain Cameron

« Reply #36 on: 01/04/2013 at 18:39 »
... it all fits beautifully into my waistcoat

I like my vest. it's not pants. Flask, water, food, extra clothing, flee boxes, bits, net, more bits; inner pockets for tippet; zip pockets for keys, leaders, permits, floatant.

And, surprisingly useful, a couple of wee magnets built in to the front - great for holding a fly temporarily while changing leaders etc.

Loxiafan

« Reply #37 on: 01/04/2013 at 19:26 »
Is that one of the new Hydros vests Iain ? I am considering one as well, would be easier to wear over a wading jacket and just the right amount of pockets (mine has too many so takes twice as long to find what you are after !).

Lindsay

Iain Cameron

« Reply #38 on: 01/04/2013 at 21:50 »
Is that one of the new Hydros vests Iain ? I am considering one as well, would be easier to wear over a wading jacket...

it is. It was pain-inducingly expensive for a vest, but I'd worn my old vest to pieces, and tried a few. This one had the right amount of pockets and space for me - two zip pouches at the back swallow my water bladder, the jacket, spare jumper etc.

For a reaaaaallly long day out, I use a rucksack as well. but that's rare

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com