Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Re: Fishing bags
« Reply #15 on: 30/03/2013 at 12:37 »
Sandy,

That's the car washed and waxed and better off she is too. :z16
(It's now snowing again, mea culpa  :X1)

How about a fishing shirt? I have one that holds two C&F fly boxes easily and I have started carrying Gink / tippet / mud etc in a little neoprene pouch that I got for a minidisc player years ago.
This is the front.

And the rear,

So what I have now is a pouch that can clip on to wader braces, belts, slips inside wading jackets and so on. I might be a bit small for what you need for your odd and ends but if you look for Lowepro pouches for small cameras you might find something that fits the bill. I do like going light and this seems to be the best thing I have come up with yet.
Boxes in the shirt, bits and bobs in the pouch.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: 30/03/2013 at 14:22 »
That's the car washed and waxed and better off she is too. :z16
(It's now snowing again, mea culpa  :X1)

Aye but i bet you feel better too :z16 Maybe if we all do it we can alter the weather :z18

Shiny :z3

Back on subject, your idea is very similar to the wee pack i use for the Ythan :z16

I'm not that ready to hit the Don feeling that naked :shock Maybe one day :roll
Swingin back to my Waistcoat, It works and i've got some, could spend the money on some more Wax..... I ran out yesterday :roll

Sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #17 on: 30/03/2013 at 14:46 »
FFS guys, man bags, fanny packs, Bra's, necklaces. You need to man up  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim 

Euan Innes

« Reply #18 on: 30/03/2013 at 17:33 »
Really shiny!

FFS guys, man bags, fanny packs, Bra's, necklaces. You need to man up   

Yes we do Jim. I used to agonise over this kind of thing alone and now tackle tarts anonymous has started I don't feel so bad.  :z7

I never like waistcoats and didn't get on with most of the bags on the market so I had to come up with my own solution. Being a real minimalist that was my solution.
I do like fishing shirts though  :z16

:z1

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #19 on: 30/03/2013 at 18:01 »
Sandy, this is the best i've found so far. simply outstanding kit  :z16 http://www.williamjoseph.net/gear.php?userChoice=Amp
if you want better pics that show all the stuff i manage to put in it just say so :)

cheers,
marc

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 30/03/2013 at 18:35 »
Going back to my Simms Vertical Master Vest.

Chest packs are for models in fishing tackle catalogues, they are merde for practical fishing purposes and should be thrown in the furnace! 

Will I ever learn?

Iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #21 on: 30/03/2013 at 18:36 »
Damn you Marc :z4

I didn't want to get into chest packs but I LIKE that. Can you post more pictures of what you can get in it please?

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #22 on: 30/03/2013 at 19:40 »

Will I ever learn?

doubt it...  :X2 :X1 :z4

SoundDude, i'll shoot some in the morning light and have them up tomorrow for ya.

cheers,
marc

Euan Innes

« Reply #23 on: 30/03/2013 at 19:54 »
Thanks Marc.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #24 on: 30/03/2013 at 20:24 »
Hook line and sinker Euan, Marc has been trying to offload that pack for 2 years now.  :z4

Only joking

You are too old for one of those Soundmaster! They are for the likes of Young Gun.

Iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #25 on: 30/03/2013 at 20:42 »
Old I might be but I cannot get away from the fact that this is what I've been looking for for a very long time Iain.
I don't carry a lot, don't cope well with heat so I like not wearing a jacket, float tube a lot so I like the flies where I can keep them dry and not rest my elbows on the boxes. Even in a boat I can't be arsed having to go to the boat bag to get stuff and just like it on me.

I tried a chest pack years ago, a Stone Fly iirc, but it was just one pocket, a shirt clip and a crap lanyard so it was a non-starter. I still have it and can't find a use for it. This is a whole new ball game, albeit a more expensive ball game. But then with most things I DGAF about the price if it does what I want.  :z4

I guess we'll find out tomorrow when Marc posts the pictures.

Loxiafan

« Reply #26 on: 31/03/2013 at 15:41 »
I wore my Super-tackle-pac waistcoat over the Tailwaters jacket yesterday and it all worked, but a bit hot when walking about. Still think a sling bag is an option but worried about net access and facility (as Marc raises) !

Waistcoats rule methinks...

L

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #27 on: 31/03/2013 at 16:35 »

Funny you should say that, I've just prepped all my gear for the trout season so i'm ready to go, and guess what, it all fits beautifully into my waistcoat :X2.
A bit of careful placing with the boxes and i have no feelings of things being cumbersome, i have all my tools at the ready and my net and jacket are on my back.
Plenty room for the bottle and the snickers. :z18

I knew there was a good reason why i bought it :z4 :z4 :z4

Sandy

Ben Dixon

« Reply #28 on: 31/03/2013 at 17:04 »
I wore my Super-tackle-pac waistcoat over the Tailwaters jacket yesterday and it all worked, but a bit hot when walking about. Still think a sling bag is an option but worried about net access and facility (as Marc raises) !

L

What do you carry with you Lindsay?  I use one of these

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3H62

Two good vertical pockets with some division in them to carry fly boxes, leaders, tippet, floatant etc.  Back pack will take a wading jacket, lunch & water.  Snips & forceps are on a zinger on my wader braces.  The pack does not get in the way, has big pockets that you can see down into and wears like a well designed rucksack.  You can load it up with more than listed above and, unlike with a vest, you are not aching at the end of the day.

Cheers

Ben

Loxiafan

« Reply #29 on: 31/03/2013 at 17:28 »
What do you carry with you Lindsay?  I use one of these

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3H62

Two good vertical pockets with some division in them to carry fly boxes, leaders, tippet, floatant etc.  Back pack will take a wading jacket, lunch & water.  Snips & forceps are on a zinger on my wader braces.  The pack does not get in the way, has big pockets that you can see down into and wears like a well designed rucksack.  You can load it up with more than listed above and, unlike with a vest, you are not aching at the end of the day.

To be honset Ben not a huge amount, but sometimes two reels and a spare spool, several diff fly boxes ( one partioned for spiders, 1 partioned for fluffy dries and a c+f type jobby for others).

I normally wear the Orvis waistcoat. But..that tripak looks good for over the wading jacket ! Have you got any at Banchory, again not Red Aurora (urrghh) ?

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com