Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

MacKenzie DTX Perflex
« on: 25/03/2013 at 20:42 »
So, anyone seen/cast one yet?

The price is attracting me and I would like to think Mr Mackenzie is not going to put rubbish on the market. Ben, you must have had a shot of one?

I am looking at a 14 or 15 footer and this is just in my price range if I sell my other kidney.

Hamish Young

Re: MacKenzie DTX Perflex
« Reply #1 on: 25/03/2013 at 21:45 »
Rob I have had the 15' Perflex prototype for two weeks of *ahem* testing. I have had my hands only on the 15' Perflex and a couple of the new single handers from Scott.
To be honest I have not seen the Perflex in fully 'ready to market' specification but what I tested (production blank with DTX 'fittings') pleased me greatly  :z16 It was more than happy with everything I put on it from a Skagit and heavy tips chucking 'big shit' down to wee flies on a floater.
I should have been assessing it more and fishing with it less, but it was so nice to use I sort of.....errrr...... fished with it. A lot.

Definitely a very accomplished all-rounder in my less than skilled hands, I'd say the rod is softer in the tip and in action than my own DTX 'Spey' and the G2 that replaced it. I got some big distances out of it without really trying, felt like second nature and I like that in a Salmon rod.

In that price band I think you'd have a hard job finding something that feels so immediately comfortable, it's like picking up an old friend.
I liked it a lot - obviously :wink I think I can guarantee you will too and (again) in that price range I think it will do very well indeed.

Go buy one Rob :z17

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 26/03/2013 at 07:52 »
Thanks Hamish, how much commission do you get? ;)

Right, I had better sort out my fishing room and get some stuff sold to make way for it!!

I tried to find some info on them on the MacKenzie website but nothing on it which is frustrating. I am not even sure of the sizes they do yet.

Thanks again.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 26/03/2013 at 08:28 »
Thanks Hamish, how much commission do you get? ;)
Ha - I'll put that idea to Scott :! No, what happens (from time to time) is that Scott lets me play with some of the new toys before they go to market. Let's face it, if a ham-fisted idiot like me is vaguely representative of the market the rods will go to then it makes sense to see if I can break them. I have that reputation - apparently  :shock
Right, I had better sort out my fishing room and get some stuff sold to make way for it!!
Yes.
I tried to find some info on them on the MacKenzie website but nothing on it which is frustrating. I am not even sure of the sizes they do yet.
The Perflex will come as a 13'#8wt, 14'#9wt and 15'#10wt. None in UK stock at the moment which probably explains why they're not up on Scotts website yet, but will be there soon enough :z16

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 26/03/2013 at 09:17 »
Stock expected to be here mid to late April, I have the full range on pre order so as soon as they are available I'll have them on the shelf.

Cheers

Ben

Loxiafan

« Reply #5 on: 26/03/2013 at 14:54 »
Is this the one you recommended for me  Ben ? If so will have to pawn a guitar methinks !  :X1

Lindsay

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 26/03/2013 at 16:17 »
It is Lindsay :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #7 on: 26/03/2013 at 23:13 »
It is Lindsay :z4

Cheers dude, I'll see if I can raise the dosh, but will probably be next season so no big rush.

Lindsay

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 27/03/2013 at 08:26 »
15 footer for me then please :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 27/03/2013 at 08:59 »
15 footer for me then please :)

I'm sure you'll like it :z16

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #10 on: 27/03/2013 at 17:12 »
an approximate price range please ?

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 27/03/2013 at 17:47 »
Not gospel as these things can change quickly but I think they'll be on the market from £300 up to around £350 Marc.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #12 on: 28/03/2013 at 06:58 »
targeting the unemployed then. interesting marketing concept !   :z16

:z4,
marc

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 28/03/2013 at 07:58 »
Not gospel as these things can change quickly but I think they'll be on the market from £300 up to around £350 Marc.

£289 for 13' #8
£309 for 14' #9
£329 for 15' #10

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: 28/03/2013 at 08:28 »
I notice there are huge reductions on the current DTX's obviously in preparation.

Awesome value at these prices, looks like a good time to buy a Superb Fishing rod.

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/mackenzie-dtx-double-handed-fly-rods~1366.html?&clearance=1

:z18

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com