Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sieger Devries

Die Hard Reservoir fishing...
« on: 23/03/2013 at 20:06 »
We (my friends and I) had to go fishing today. In contrast to what the calendar is telling me (it should be spring...), the temp wasn't climbing any higher than -1 Celsius.... a bit chilly... Next to that we had a nice breeze, so the chill-factor for today was - 10 Celsius... Stay at home than... Well... no, of course not!

All in all we had a very fine day. Although the fishing was hard (there were just a few fish over the whole day) All of us at least caught one.... There were some guys who were pretty stiffened up, but we didn't feel to cold... Just a matter of good clothing I guess... (layers and not the old woolen sweater grandma ever so kindly knitted for us...  :wink ).... So heads up for today, but for me spring can come in now.....  :roll

Wrote an blog.. it's in Dutch as usual but you can find some more picture there...

Loxiafan

Re: Die Hard Reservoir fishing...
« Reply #1 on: 23/03/2013 at 21:56 »
Hardcore, man  :z12  :z14 

The Deveron on Monday Dan ? !  :X2

Lindsay

danbruce

« Reply #2 on: 23/03/2013 at 22:06 »
Is that a boat or a movable platform your fishing from in the first picture Sieger? Both cool pictures.
Looks freezing but fishing in freezing temperatures is better than no fishing.

Will be like that on Monday Lindsay, better look out my thermals and Kelly kettle.

Dan

Sieger Devries

« Reply #3 on: 23/03/2013 at 23:02 »
Actually it's kind of a raft Dan... Some lined up barrels with board on them... and a Min-Kota electrical motor on it.... Didn't have enough power to take us up-wind in the afternoon....  :wink

Think these days are worst in Scotland.... aren't they.... Can remember I got caught up by a snowstorm when I was walking on one of the munros in the north-west...  :shock Didn't know what I was up to... spent halve a day waiting for a clear view...

danbruce

« Reply #4 on: 23/03/2013 at 23:09 »
Looks like a lot of fun to fish from Sieger. :z16
Have a had few days in the hills like that, can be quite scary at times, your right best thing is it sit out out and wait if you can.

Looking forward to reading your full report on your blog, keep up the great pictures and blog

Cheers  :z18
Dan

Sieger Devries

« Reply #5 on: 23/03/2013 at 23:21 »
Thanks Dan... I'll try...  :wink

Cheers,
Sieger

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 23/03/2013 at 23:46 »
Great stuff Sieger! ..... too cold for me :oops

Best wishes
Mike

Sieger Devries

« Reply #7 on: 24/03/2013 at 00:42 »
Thanks Mike...

Too cold.... Must be the Italian part of you....  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 24/03/2013 at 11:12 »
You are either seriously dedicated or mad to fish in weather like that Sieger  :cool:  nice photo's  :z16

Good luck on the Deveron Monday Dan and Lindsay  :wink

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com