Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Adding Photos To Forum Posts
« Reply #15 on: 05/03/2021 at 11:36 »
Really pleased that you like the photos Bob  :z12

These are purely down to forum members sharing their photos via the gallery and in their posts.

Fingers crossed that everybody enjoys a good season and that we all have photos to share  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 27/04/2021 at 17:54 »
I have done a few tweaks to improve images uploaded from mobiles.

Here's one I took the other day at Montrose  >)

Must confess that I prefer a camera for taking photos and a PC for viewing a website forum ..... but it can be done  *smiley-tongue-out*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 20/10/2021 at 09:58 »
Orientation Tip:

Some photos, especially photos taken with a mobile phone, can end up sideways when you upload them.

This is easy to fix afterwards:
(1) Find your photo in the gallery and click on 'Edit'
(2) On the Edit Picture page you will see 'Rotate Image By Degrees'
(3) Enter 270 in the rotate image by degrees box.
(4) Click on the 'Edit Picture' button at the bottom to confirm  :z16

It is important to note that although you have fixed the orientation - the photo will probably still look sideways to you  :X1
This is normal, as your PC/phone/device will still be using the photo that it stored initially in it's memory/cache.

To see the fixed/edited version of your photo, you will need to do a hard refresh - to do this simply press 'Ctrl' and 'F5' on your keyboard.

Refreshing on a mobile phone can be a bit trickier, and depends on the model, but usually involves something like - while viewing the website, click on the 3 dots at top right, select History,  then click on Clear browsing data, then ticking the box for 'Cached images and files'.

PS: When I see that somebody has uploaded a photo to the forum that is displaying sideways, I will normally edit it for you  *smiley-wink*

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 31/12/2022 at 16:56 »
If you'd like to share a YouTube video in your post, simply copy and paste the YouTube URL from your browser ( not the link in the YouTube share function ) and the video should display within your post.

The URL will usually have 'watch' in it somewhere.

These will normally show up as just a link in preview mode, but should display as a video once posted.

As always, if you run into any problems - just ask and I'll do my best to help  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 29/12/2023 at 18:51 »
I have just finished some improvements to the 'Add image to post and upload to gallery' pop up form.

Works much better on mobiles now and I have simplified the process even further  :z16

I have also updated/edited the first post in this thread.

Mike Barrio

Re: Adding Photos To Forum Posts New
« Reply #20 on: 18/01/2024 at 18:01 »
No feedback?

I guess the improved image form is working well then  *smiley-grin*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com