Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Todays trip to the Don
« on: 07/03/2013 at 10:19 »
Such excitement!

Up til way past midnight last night, preparing my gear, tying up copper tubed Pot Belly Pigs and the like, sorting out waterproofs, loading the fishing car and so on.

Arranged for someone else to pick up my daughter from school and for Cass to go shopping with her tonight so I have a free afternoon.

Alarm goes at 5:30 am, I get up, shower and shave, jump into the car and whizz into work for 6:30 so I can get away early for an afternoon on the Don.

Just looked out the window at my car, to realise I have come in the wrong car and my gear is parked up at home!

I truely do wonder sometimes!!

I have left reels or  waders at home in the past, but never a whole car!!

Mike Barrio

Re: Todays trip to the Don
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2013 at 10:29 »
 :z4  :z4  :z4

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2013 at 10:36 »

:z4 :z4 :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 07/03/2013 at 20:03 »
Sounds impossible but I've had my share of silly moments too Rob.

Hopefully you have another trip planned, just remember to wear your trousers.

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 08/03/2013 at 07:47 »
I managed to get out for an hour last night on a local river. I doubt there are any fish in it just now, but at least I was able to get a few casts through the trees with a 12 footer :)

More of a recce than a fishing trip, but I found some lovely "sea trout" holding areas that will be my target later in the year, so all was not lost.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 08/03/2013 at 08:32 »
you muppet... that's a world class fail, takes some skill pal!

Mark Zhang

« Reply #6 on: 08/03/2013 at 09:33 »
it happens a lot to me, so I start to check the fishing list before I go into the car. I guess I think of fishing too much.  :X1 :X1 :X1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 08/03/2013 at 10:48 »
you muppet... that's a world class fail, takes some skill pal!

LOL..indeed!! Was so tired but in such a rush to get going in the morning...and we now have a "Guard Pheasant" that attacks us when we try and go outside, so its a mad dash for the car before the thing gets us!

It even flies down the road after us!! The thing is MENTAL..and big!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com