Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Fin chasers magazine
« on: 05/03/2013 at 23:15 »
Awesome new magazine guys! Start buying those lottery tickets!!!

http://www.fin-chasers.com/Magazine.html?id=62c592ed&titletxt=FinChasers.1.2013

Peter Rawlinson

Re: Fin chasers magazine
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/2013 at 04:26 »
Looks like a good magazine , the Tarpon fishing looks awsome . Thanks for sharing .

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 06/03/2013 at 15:16 »
No idea why I liked the Steelhead article!!!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2013 at 15:41 »
Great publication, loved the photography.

Rob, was it because of the pretty lady, you rascal!

Iain

Loxiafan

« Reply #4 on: 06/03/2013 at 16:10 »
Don't know nuthin bout Steelheeds but as far as broon troots go I am sure we all can't wait to get our rod up in April.  Not long now guys   :wink :X2

L

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/2013 at 17:00 »
Linds

You deserve the cane ZX2

Still i know what you mean, nice article, what was it about again............... better go check :X2

Sandy

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 06/03/2013 at 18:04 »
Children!   Any mention of warm April showers will not be tolerated.

Noel. (hacked into Iains account)

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #7 on: 06/03/2013 at 19:29 »
thanks gents for making a boring article interesting  :z4

but seriously, don't you all find this mag's format stale ? there's no originality whatsoever. some pics are years old and we've seen them many, many times. of course, to each their own but why bother ?

cheers,
marc

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 06/03/2013 at 20:27 »
Tricky one Marc, they can be a really great read if they have original content, just like anything else I guess :cool:

Like the latest ultimate website to advertise on, how many of those hit my email account every week ..... I had one last week telling me about the Ultimate Website for Fishing in Scotland, Scotland's biggest database for fishing in Scotland, thousands of visitors every day, top search engine ranking, the greatest thing since sliced bread apparently! ....... I had a look ...... and all the content for Aberdeenshire was exactly as I wrote it, word for word, he had even copied my bloody photos :shock and he was inviting me to pay him for advertising on his website? :z3

Needless to say, following a quick phone call, all was removed rather quickly!

Best wishes
Mike

Loxiafan

« Reply #9 on: 06/03/2013 at 21:50 »

Is there really any place for images like this in modern fly fishing ? I sincerely hope so. Lucky Troot. Go get yer cane Sandy  :oops

L

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 06/03/2013 at 21:55 »
Picture typifies why women should stay off the river!  'go get the dishes done!' 

Iain (telling it how it is)

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 06/03/2013 at 23:01 »
Yeah, that could be distracting. I'd hate to fish with her. Pure dead honest....... I would  :X2

H makes a run for the door with passport in hand......  :z7

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #12 on: 06/03/2013 at 23:18 »
I completely concur with the last couple of comments. She who must be obeyed decided early in our marriage to join me on my fishing sorties and quickly became far too proficient so drastic action was called for.

Steven you know in your heart that this was the reason that you your mother became pregnant with you and this thankfully took her mind off of fishing with your dad 26 years ago. It was a close call but you definitely did me a favour on that one, she even made it on to the committee of our local fishing club at one point. Sacrilige.

Eddie.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 06/03/2013 at 23:28 »
 :z4
Nice one Eddie

Jim Eddie

« Reply #14 on: 07/03/2013 at 08:18 »
Aye nice one Eddie  :z4 trust me if I'd been on the river with April when I was 26 fishing would most definatley not been on the agenda  :cool:

Luckily I'm old and past all that now and can concentate on fishing :z4

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com