Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: SLX and Bamboo
« Reply #30 on: 20/03/2013 at 00:26 »
Don't read into it too much Ben, most rods feel fine with a line weight above or below their rating ...... and which one of those three lines feels nice to use on the rod at the time is I guess, a personal thing?

Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #31 on: 21/03/2013 at 11:06 »
Cheers Sandy, I would consider that a more than workable range, but I can see where Ben is coming from !

So can I  :z16 and i know he is right, But i can't explain why i like it that way, probably for the same reason i like Whangy noodly rods and short Ginger haired girls with medium sized breasts. It just feels right :z7

:z18

Sandy

Iain Goolager

« Reply #32 on: 21/03/2013 at 15:50 »

probably for the same reason i like Whangy noodly rods and short Ginger haired girls with medium sized breasts. It just feels right

:lol (wipes tea from chin & jumper)

Loxiafan

« Reply #33 on: 22/03/2013 at 12:20 »
But i can't explain why i like it that way, probably for the same reason i like Whangy noodly rods and short Ginger haired girls with medium sized breasts. It just feels right :z7

The weather always seemed better no matter how bad it was when this lady presented it. Now a successful historical author so a bright girl too...ta for the underlining advice !

L

Hamish Young

« Reply #34 on: 22/03/2013 at 12:30 »
Stop it.........  :z13

Allan Liddle

« Reply #35 on: 23/03/2013 at 01:13 »
Steady now, i'll put an end to all this......................i've also got Ginger Hair and medium sized breasts, well ok Strawberry Blonde (my mum told me and she disnae tell lies) and a pair of expanding moobs if truth be told, but nearly fits the description (for what hair i have left).  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #36 on: 23/03/2013 at 09:22 »
Steady now, i'll put an end to all this......................i've also got Ginger Hair and medium sized breasts, well ok Strawberry Blonde (my mum told me and she disnae tell lies) and a pair of expanding moobs if truth be told, but nearly fits the description (for what hair i have left).           

Sandy,
Get yer coat you've pulled!  :z7

:z1

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #37 on: 23/03/2013 at 09:44 »
As tempting as it sounds, i think he might be over qualified :z7

Besides the other Fiery Freckeled Funbump in my life might get a touch green eyed. :z4 :z4

Sandy

Loxiafan

« Reply #38 on: 23/03/2013 at 16:56 »
Okay, I am done with frivolity, it is for my Streamflex XF2 Plus 9'6 #3 so either a Mallard DT#2.....or do I plump for an SLX#3 ? The latter would also allow me to underline on all my other river rods  :z18 My instinct is the SLX.

Lindsay

Hamish Young

« Reply #39 on: 23/03/2013 at 17:11 »
Your instinct serves you well.......................

H :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #40 on: 23/03/2013 at 18:28 »
I'd go with that too :z16 I find it very hard to see past the SLX these days. and have them fitted to all my river spools, in different colours for different jobs. Worth trying them out in different sizes, but i guess with a 3 wt rod you don't have much option and it certainley won't be a line heavier :z18
I'll have a nice Bamboo for you try with it if we meet down the river sometime. :wink

Sandy

Loxiafan

« Reply #41 on: 23/03/2013 at 21:52 »
I'll have a nice Bamboo for you try with it if we meet down the river sometime. :wink

Cool dude !  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #42 on: 06/04/2013 at 16:50 »
I can Happily report that after this afternoons fishing, My 7ft 6" 4wt Bamboo absolutely adores the 3wt SLX :z16 as suspected.
On the Ythan i could cover all the water with a roll, not bad on a 7ft6" rod and i could bend it into all the bits i wanted to get the fly :z16
When i did need to shoot it, it just went and the presentation was all under control.

very cool way to start the season, new lines, and a good dollop of anticipation :z18

Sandy

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #43 on: 06/04/2013 at 17:14 »
i guess there weren't many fish involved...   :X2

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #44 on: 06/04/2013 at 19:04 »
Not for the want of trying :roll

Still waiting to see a trout rise :z8

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com