Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Loxiafan

Re: New fishing magazine
« Reply #30 on: 12/04/2013 at 21:55 »
I'm glad Lindzer, perhaps that will prevent you from asking Sir David Attenborough for his opinion on your Sea-Trout  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Funny you mention that, I already did ! He said that Brown Trout (sic) have adapted, through recent evolutionary shift, the ability to change colour, very much like a chameleon does. The 'red spots' are only visible under a certain spectrum of light and only under water which is why we can't see them in our photos. It is thought that this is an anti-predator adaptation and, that in time, Brown Trout will develop the advances in this 'technology' similar to the alien in the "Predator" movie. Effectively this will mean that at some time in the future when you hook a Brown Trout and it jumps from the water all you will see is pixellated shit that is indistinct. It will also mean posting photographs of 'trophy' fish will be impossible as basically all you will see is a rod, net and some bankside vegetation.

It's true.

Tomorrow I am will be canvassing all the leaders of the main religious groups (including the Revrd Moon) so I have the ecclesiastical angle as well. That should be enough, do you think ?

L

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #31 on: 12/04/2013 at 21:59 »
Linds,
if trout do adapt in this way does that mean that in future I can take a picture of my empty net at the reiverside and claim to have caught a monster trout?

It is the only way I am going to manage.

eDDIE.

Loxiafan

« Reply #32 on: 12/04/2013 at 22:09 »
You could Eddie or you could just employ an over steroided Austrian fella to cover it in mud (so you can see it) and call it " One Ugly Muggaflucker". Covered in mud, it would of course be a "true" 'Brown' Trout  :wink

L

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #33 on: 12/04/2013 at 23:55 »
Funny you mention that, I already did ! He said that Brown Trout (sic) have adapted, through recent evolutionary shift, the ability to change colour, very much like a chameleon does. The 'red spots' are only visible under a certain spectrum of light and only under water which is why we can't see them in our photos. It is thought that this is an anti-predator adaptation and, that in time, Brown Trout will develop the advances in this 'technology' similar to the alien in the "Predator" movie. Effectively this will mean that at some time in the future when you hook a Brown Trout and it jumps from the water all you will see is pixellated shit that is indistinct. It will also mean posting photographs of 'trophy' fish will be impossible as basically all you will see is a rod, net and some bankside vegetation.

It's true.

woW !  :z16 :z4 :z16

Iain Cameron

« Reply #34 on: 13/04/2013 at 07:48 »
Went into Maxwells this afternoon for a fudge and a bottle of Tizer, seen this on the shelf..............

crazy mixed up kid. brilliant

Jim Eddie

« Reply #35 on: 13/04/2013 at 09:05 »
Kwality Iain  :z4 :z14

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com