Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Opening 2013
« on: 28/02/2013 at 11:13 »
Hi folks :z16

I was hoping to open Haddo for 2013 on March 15th as usual, but this just isn't going to happen this year I'm afraid. The loch was still frozen solid yesterday and with current conditions, is likely to remain frozen for a while yet.

Once the ice has cleared, the Brownies will require some time to recover from being in that enclosed "fridge" and get back in condition. I will monitor the trout and the water conditions as always and will make the decision to open when I think the trout are ready! :wink

Looking at it yesterday, I'm guessing that this is more likely to be towards the end of March this year, if not later.

Best wishes,
Mike

Photos from yesterday

Kevin Moss

Re: Haddo Opening 2013
« Reply #1 on: 28/02/2013 at 11:28 »
I wish you all the best Mike for the coming season.The ice has been a right problem but temperatures are getting better.

heres hoping for a summer we have been promised for the last couple of years.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 28/02/2013 at 11:59 »
I will monitor the trout and the water conditions as always

Would that involve a few casts on your own, just to make sure the fish are feeding? ;) Too right!!

I hope the coming year brings you plenty of customers, plenty of joy and plenty of photos of happy anglers :)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 28/02/2013 at 12:56 »
If you look at the second photo, you can see the frost on the ground and this was taken at about 2pm yesterday :z5

Thanks for the thumbs up Kevin! At the end of the day Haddo is primarily the home base for Barrio Fly Lines, so although visitors are very welcome to fish the loch by advanced booking, I do not require any income from it as a commercial fishery.

This keeps this little brown trout water quite exclusive and fun to fish :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 28/02/2013 at 13:13 »
I do not require any income from it as a commercial fishery

So you'll not want any money from me this year then Mike?  :z7 :z7 :z7
That's really generous of you mate.  :z4

I hope it warms up for the last week in March cos I'm off that week and need to FISH!
Good luck with the coming season Mike, although I'm sure you don't need luck.  :z16

:z1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 28/02/2013 at 14:30 »
So you'll not want any money from me this year then Mike?  :z7 :z7 :z7
That's really generous of you mate.  :z4

I hope it warms up for the last week in March cos I'm off that week and need to FISH!
Good luck with the coming season Mike, although I'm sure you don't need luck.  :z16

You know what I meant Euan! :X1  :z4  :z4  :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #6 on: 28/02/2013 at 18:11 »
That's the best way Mike,Im the same but not into the free fishing :grin

Euan Innes

« Reply #7 on: 01/03/2013 at 16:43 »
You know what I meant Euan!

:z7 :wink
See you at the end of the month Mike, when I will mostly be bringing my wallet with me!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 01/03/2013 at 16:51 »
:z7 :wink
See you at the end of the month Mike, when I will mostly be bringing my wallet with me!

:z4  :z4  :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 01/03/2013 at 18:58 »
Anyone wanting to catch a load of Browns should find out when Euan is fishing at Haddo (with his legendary wallet) and try a moth pattern, the surface will be bubblin'.

True

Noel Kelly

« Reply #10 on: 01/03/2013 at 19:10 »
Lol!!! In form tonight monkey boy :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #11 on: 01/03/2013 at 19:14 »
I aim to please Nollie.

Euan Innes

« Reply #12 on: 01/03/2013 at 19:32 »
Hey Bawbagger, are you sayin' that I ground bait??

Tis true that my wallet doesn't come out that often, except in pubs and Alfa garages, but I'm taking that moth slur personally. I'll have you know that my wallet only produces the finest of Mayflies so that I can fish Loch Ordies all year round.

Please also note that I only said that I was bringing my wallet with me. I said f**k all about opening it! :z7
Once I know what day I'm going, would you care to join me Iain? First Browns of the year and a good laugh would set up my year just right.  :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 01/03/2013 at 19:41 »
Work permitting, that I would you old timer  :z16

Iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #14 on: 01/03/2013 at 22:51 »
Work permitting, that I would you old timer 

Well, when I know which day you can tell all your punters* that you will be fishing that day.

*Punter - known frequenter of a whore house / knocking shop
Old enough to know what you do for a living, tart.  :z7

:z1 :X

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com