Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

Millbuies opening day delayed.
« on: 27/02/2013 at 10:12 »
Due to ice we have decided to delay the opening day On Millbuies untill the 8th March.Hopefully the lochs will be defrosted by then.
We will be taking bookings for the 8th onwards and depending on the ice situation.We apoligise for any inconvenience but the weather is outwith our control.

Mike Barrio

Re: Millbuies opening day delayed.
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2013 at 10:26 »
Very sensible Kevin, ice and anglers in boats is not a good combination! :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2013 at 12:06 »
Your right mike.Far better to enjoy your day .The weasther is due to change and frosts to disappear.When it goes from 14 degrees in the day down to minus 7 at night it doesn't help fishing,or the water.Plenty open at the Glen but Millbuies is well sheltered and takes longer to warm up.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2013 at 14:33 »
Hi Kevin

Hope it opens up ok soon, a bit of a breeze from the West should help.
Can i have a boat on Sun 10th if any are available?
C&R please, just me, two labradors and a grumpy guy from Lossiemouth.  :z4

Kevin Moss

« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2013 at 18:47 »
Im sure there is a boat free for the 10th Allan will put it in the book for you.Have had to move all the bookings forward to then lets hope it clears.We should be ok from now I hope.The good thing is all the fish will be well spread out.Couldnt get the new boat in today for the ice.
Still we will get there.really looking forward to getting out myself up there.

I think Mr Dawson will be out that day aswell.

Kevin Moss

« Reply #5 on: 28/02/2013 at 10:34 »
Thats it booked for you Allan for the 10th.Just pick keys up from Ian at the office at Millbuies.

Enjoy your day ,kev will keep you laughing.its like 2 men in a tub with him .

I would just like to thank all the guys in the team for their help they are all 100% diamonds.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 28/02/2013 at 13:25 »
Thanks Kevin.

Not rough diamonds i hope  :z4

Will post a wee report, assuming i catch something, although i might need an ice-breaker if the weather continues like this.

GAC tying all weekend (from tomorrow) this weekend so i'll definately need to get a line out soon, otherwise i might forget what end of the rod to hold.  :z4

Kevin Moss

« Reply #7 on: 28/02/2013 at 18:17 »
No problems Allan Big Kev will be up there aswell that day.

Here is an example of the fish going into the Glen and Millbuies these days and will be the quality from now on.

They will put an bend in your rod :grin

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com