Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: River Deveron 2013
« Reply #45 on: 07/04/2013 at 00:23 »
Great photos Michael :z16

Hope you found the new forum system easy to use.

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #46 on: 07/04/2013 at 13:17 »
Great pictures Allan 

Nice Brownie  :z16

you should have made yourself know rather than lurking in the bushes watching grown men at play  :z4

Lindz did inform me about the pool but to be honest we rather like to avoid the Salmon guys and make the best of what's left, which is still decent.

Do you tie your DHE's comparadun style?

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #47 on: 07/04/2013 at 13:23 »
Tempted to take my old man out on the Deveron now........ seeing as he is living in Rothiemay it would seem churlish not to  :z7

Nice pics chaps  :z16

H :cool:

Noel Kelly

« Reply #48 on: 07/04/2013 at 16:41 »
Very nice Allan :z16 especially kind to show us don fishers what a rise looks like :z4

Loxiafan

« Reply #49 on: 07/04/2013 at 20:00 »
The speck below the white caravan is Iain waiting for a riser. If you look in to the margins of the tree line you might be able to spot Allan Liddle in full 'black ops' mode !

Typical Deveron Riffle where the troots were playing hard to get yesterday (must tie some fluro pink DHE's  :roll) :

Rod Bender:

Nice fish, very nice net ! :

Home James ? :

Unlike the heros above, especially Allan Liddle (mentioned in dispatches for fly fishing prowess and SAS like stealth), I never touched a fish all day and hardly made any targetted casts. Only saw small fish except late on and impossible to cover from my bank without 'death or glory' wading.

As Iain alluded to 'our' fish on this beat were not hitting the Duns, and a DHE was ineffective for those I did cover. Probably should have considered spiders but tbh is was simply 'one of those days'.

After trying to adapt a nail knotted dry fly leader to nymphs I am back to RM minicoms I reckon....and to practise my casting which was brutal in the wind.

Could be in the running for 'blanker' of the year at this rate.

L

Allan Liddle

« Reply #50 on: 07/04/2013 at 22:33 »
Strange the fish weren't interested in the duns, although to be fair i was only really concentrating on the slower or 'flatter' water, as for angling prowess, nah sorry i'd always rather be lucky than good.
BTW you can almost see where i was on one of the pics  :wink

Loxiafan

« Reply #51 on: 07/04/2013 at 23:43 »
Same today on Don Allan. Watched a lunker 'bulge' and roll at something, yet Dun after Dun that went right over it were ignored. A size 14 Waterhen Bloa would have been a better option yesterday, but tbh I would have struggled with take detection in that popply water. Maybe next time.

Speaking of next time, will bring my thermal imaging optics next time and we'll send the dogs oot fir ye !  :wink

Were you on the beat above perchance ?

Lindsay

Iain Cameron

« Reply #52 on: 08/04/2013 at 09:21 »
Tempted to take my old man out on the Deveron now....

You can get arrested for that kind of thing Hamish...

Deveron does look good - great to see the reports coming in

Allan Liddle

« Reply #53 on: 08/04/2013 at 14:26 »
Yup sure was, easy to spot really i'm the one with the two labradors in tow, a chocolate one and a gold one, both with blackened faces and full camo gear.  :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #54 on: 08/04/2013 at 15:21 »
Yup sure was, easy to spot really i'm the one with the two labradors in tow, a chocolate one and a gold one, both with blackened faces and full camo gear.  :z4 :z4

Do they have "black sticky" across there eyes in any photos incase they are recognised?

Allan Liddle

« Reply #55 on: 08/04/2013 at 20:14 »
If i tell you they'll have to kill you.  :z4 :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #56 on: 14/04/2013 at 09:03 »
Another good session yesterday with the water all to myself, judging by the reports and pics on the Don thread i can see why now.  :z16
Mid river beat which, as far as i'm told, hasn't seen much rod pressure as yet, certainly not with trout anglers.

Anyway another cracking day with eight troots, a few missed and lost  :oops but none that mattered with another two 'Trophies' to add to the score and a noteable sea troot kelt (2lb 3oz) that was keen on the DHE, although in some camps this one dosen't count  :z4.

Best of the day ran 3lb 8oz (season best so far), and my last fish weighed in at bang on 3lb.  Spotted another Rod Bender on the far bank whilst working away on the 3 8, but by the time i'd sorted this one out it had sat down again, but i know where it is  :z16

Good hatch of MB's with LDO's before and after so flylife certainly getting to where it should, although fish are still kind of in 'pods' but signs are this is changing and they are starting to show a more widespread interest.

Allan L

Three Eight

Growlin At Ye

Only Other Two I Saw All Day

What A Way To Finish

Iain Cameron

« Reply #57 on: 14/04/2013 at 09:13 »
Another good session yesterday with the water all to myself, judging by the reports and pics on the Don thread i can see why now.  :z16

Hi Allan

looks like a grand day out on the Deveron too. That's a cracking collection of fish for a day. And nice dogs too!

iain

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #58 on: 14/04/2013 at 09:38 »

looks like a grand day out on the Deveron too. That's a cracking collection of fish for a day.

I'll echo that, very nice :z16

Sandy

Noel Kelly

« Reply #59 on: 14/04/2013 at 10:21 »
Awesome Allan, that's better than I did all of last season :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com