Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: River Dee 2013
« Reply #30 on: 30/04/2013 at 18:07 »
Whats with the His and Hers matching outfits :z4 :z4 :z4
Jealousy is so unbecoming Sandy, I expected more from you  :wink
I was actually sporting an Orvis Helios cap for the morning until someone left all their wet kit on top of it at lunchtime so I had to opt for a spare. Therefore we were wearing entirely different outfits. Yes, you can reasonably argue that the jackets are the same, the caps, rods and lines are the same brand and we're both using Orvis reels ......but other than that they're entirely different outfits  :z7
I was trying to work out if it was Big Hamish and Little Hamish or Big Ben and Little Ben or whether to just split the difference and go for Big Enus and Little Enus :z4 :z4 :z4
For you own longevity I suggest you go no further with this line of thinking ZX3
Cant wait for friday :z18
Whatever you say I, and every other sane angler (in matching outfits or not), do not believe that the soon to be patented 'Nelson' pink gimp wading outfit is going to catch on. The smaller model (to be called the half-Nelson) is also not a good idea :wink Launching this gimp extreme wading wear at the 'loops gathering is not wise either but go ahead big boy and see how it goes  :z4

There may be interest in Germany though, I understand such things are popular there  :z8 Shame Bernd won't make it this coming weekend.

H :z13

Hamish Young

« Reply #31 on: 30/04/2013 at 18:11 »
Enjoyed a great day out in the "fresh air" with Irvine, Hamish and Ben at Glen Tanar yesterday, waving rods that are far too long, in conditions that were far too windy ..... yes a most enjoyable day out :cool:

Beautiful beat, with pools that felt fishy all day! ........ but no fish pics this time I'm afraid.

I fished hard for most of the day, so didn't get many photos I'm afraid, but I caught up with Hamish and Ben later in the afternoon and got these ones.
Many thanks for a grand day out Irvine :z16

Cheers
Mike

Nicely put Mr B, it was a very enjoyable (if a tad breezy) day and thanks to Irvine for the invite :z16 Sorry we couldn't put any fish on the bank, but it was not for the want of trying  :z8

Cheers,

H :cool:

Iain Goolager

« Reply #32 on: 30/04/2013 at 19:55 »
Nice pictures Mike. Pity about the fish bit looks like nice fly water.

Iain

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #33 on: 30/04/2013 at 20:12 »
'Nelson' pink gimp wading outfit is going to catch on. The smaller model (to be called the half-Nelson) is also not a good idea :wink
And I've been sewing yellow circles to it all week especially for you :cry

I'm hurt now :cry, but would love to know who spilt the beanz :mad

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #34 on: 30/04/2013 at 22:08 »
I'm hurt now :cry, but would love to know who spilt the beanz :mad

I'm sworn to secrecy.......
it was ROB

Ben Dixon

« Reply #35 on: 23/05/2013 at 23:09 »
Worked hard for this one, shit was it windy tonight  :z4

Took a Sunray

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #36 on: 23/05/2013 at 23:16 »
Well done Ben :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #37 on: 23/05/2013 at 23:26 »
Cool and well done  :z16 I guess you probably fished harder than I did today.... feckin windy, feckin cold  :roll
Nice weather for trying out some lines...... not.

By the way, has that fish got all of its tail fin  :?

Ben Dixon

« Reply #38 on: 23/05/2013 at 23:42 »

By the way, has that fish got all of its tail fin  :?

Yes it had a whole tail, just obscured by the leaf.  It also had a few fungus covered sores on its head.  Went like a train for the size of it, probably the highest drag setting I've ever used on that reel.

Hamish Young

« Reply #39 on: 23/05/2013 at 23:58 »
Went like a train for the size of it, probably the highest drag setting I've ever used on that reel.

Jings  :shock

Iain Goolager

« Reply #40 on: 24/05/2013 at 09:13 »
Nice one Ben  :z16
 I knew there wouldn't be fresh fish in until after 5:30pm  :z4

Looks like Gold Reels and Orange Lines are the new 'black'  :z16

Iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #41 on: 24/05/2013 at 09:20 »
nice one Ben - the wind was ridiculous yesterday, good effort on taking it on!
 I like how you have to kneel on that fish to subdue it.. :-)

cheers
iain

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #42 on: 24/05/2013 at 11:47 »
nice one dude :z16

Sandy

Ben Dixon

« Reply #43 on: 24/05/2013 at 17:17 »
Looks like Gold Reels and Orange Lines are the new 'black'  :z16

Iain

I told you that yesterday  :z7

Noel Kelly

« Reply #44 on: 24/05/2013 at 20:09 »
Well done Ben  :z16 you're having a good week,  just need to run over a deer in the jeep now and we can call that triple a Mc D.
Gold reels, man they uuuugggglllyyy.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com