Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

charrcatcher

Cobra multiplier
« on: 05/05/2007 at 22:13 »
I've a liking for the old Gearfly multiplier fly reels, but these days everything's large arbour, keeps line kinks at bay a wee bit?

So when I noticed the Cobra multiplier the other day on Ebay it caught my attention a bit - but I see they're not showing on the lureflash site any more and are commonly offered for around half their former price both on ebay and by various retailers - like Mullarkeys.

So I wondered if the reel was basically a dud :z6 , hence its being dropped by Lureflash?

Anyone used one of these? Opinions welcome, please.

Thanks
Ian

Cobra multiplier
« Reply #1 on: 06/05/2007 at 00:18 »
dont know about the cobra but i bought a lureflash reel before and its was nice and cheap but that was all that was nice about it . the drag adjustment knob kept falling off and its now lying at the moo o the spey , still works though, but theres also a funny noise coming from inside it.
generally i find their stuff somewhat lacking i bought  some of their flies and all the bodies kept spinning round the hook shank!

spiros

Cobra multiplier
« Reply #2 on: 07/05/2007 at 18:56 »
When i started fly fishin i bought some lureflash gear to get me started as it was cheap but found that none of it is up to much and have slowly replaced it.As notkeenonlures said bits started falling off and a few quid more spent gets you something that lasts a bit longer.

Paul

charrcatcher

Cobra/Lureflash
« Reply #3 on: 07/05/2007 at 19:05 »
Thanks fellas, you've really confirmed my own feelings about this brand - think I'll give this a "by" meantime.
Cheers
Ian

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com