Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

first find your fishes...
« on: 20/02/2013 at 19:08 »
folks

still too dark at night to get out fishing or casting... so have a wee read of this great book about locating trout. Covers a lot of ground in depth - and most all of it seemed pretty sensible and thorough to me. Some interesting points too about night time feeding habits (and I don't mean the drunken kebab on the way home from the pub)

Tom Rosenbauer's Guide to Prospecting Trout Streams. (get the 2007 edition)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orvis-Guide-Prospecting-Trout-Streams/dp/1599211475/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361386515&sr=1-6

has any read this already?
iain,

Loxiafan

Re: first find your fishes...
« Reply #1 on: 20/02/2013 at 20:28 »
Not read, but looks good....might pull the trigger on that  :wink  :z4

I have " Reading Waters" by Gary A. Borger and learned quite a bit from that especially what he terms "the secret river". And no Goolager I'm no telling you what it is cos it's 'secret'......and I still don't know what an adapter dry is  :z4  :z7

Lindsay

Alex Burnett

« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2013 at 22:41 »
Hi Lindsay

As Iain (Mr G) doesn't seam to want to tell you I just wanted to try to help you out,
this is an Adapter Fly.

:X2

Alex

Loxiafan

« Reply #3 on: 20/02/2013 at 22:55 »
I knew it, I knew it ! I am off to B&Q tomorrow and then the 'adapter fly' will be mine all mine "harr-harr-harr" !  :wink

Lindsay ( Baaaaa)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2013 at 08:22 »
There is a good article in this months Trout and Salmon by Paul Proctor on trout lies etc.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com