Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

charrcatcher

Introduction
« on: 05/05/2007 at 08:28 »
Good Morning, just to introduce myself.

I live in St Andrews, and been fishing since the mid-fifties.

I fish in the bay here, from around now to when the weather gets too dodgy for regular trips to be possible.

I've a certain interest in coarse fishing too, mainly for pike, but my heart's really in loch trout fishing.  I have a particular affection for Loch Lee, which I reckon at least some of you will know well? Was out there on Tuesday this week, with a rather variable breeze right off the North sea, making it pretty chilly at times, although the sun was really warm when we found a bit of shelter at the East end for some lunch and a brew up.

Fish weren't too easy to find, as you'd expect in an Easterly in May. But a modest few wee trout came aboard, mostly towards packing up time - to traditional wets with a bit of claret in the dressing.

Unfortunately no charr this time. That's now the second successive May 1st with no charr showing, quite a departure from previous years. We'll see what next week brings.

Overall, a very pleasant first day out for the year.

Ian

Jim Eddie

Loch Lee
« Reply #1 on: 05/05/2007 at 09:29 »
Welcome to the forum Ian  I have fished Loch Lee many years ago now with my old man.

Wild fisher has fished it more recently , I think a Di 7 and orange fritz are the tactics adopted for the Char

:z18

Jim

charrcatcher

Introduction
« Reply #2 on: 05/05/2007 at 09:54 »
Thanks for the reply Jim, I did think there'd be some folks here who'd know the place.

Must be one of the most beautiful locations to fish in!

Here's a pic of my best fish from Lee. A whisker short of two pounds, it was. It's the biggest totally wild brown I've caught.

Ian

Barry Robertson

Loch Lee
« Reply #3 on: 05/05/2007 at 11:53 »
I fish loch lee a fair bit also but i find if you can manage an extra hours walk there is a hill loch called carlochy directly behind loch Lee and its full of quality wild browns. Worth a try and alot more fun!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com