Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

My first few hours on the Don...
« on: 18/02/2013 at 08:32 »
...resulted in nothing! But to be fair, I did not see anyone catch or indeed even see a fish.

Jolly nice to be swinging a double hander about though.

Mark Zhang

Re: My first few hours on the Don...
« Reply #1 on: 18/02/2013 at 10:10 »
Hi Rob, I caught a kelt in Kemnay beat, but the guy fished with me had 5 in about 2.5 hours. :z16 The beat is a slow flow pool, only about 100m long I think. Where were you fishing? up beat or low beat? Tight lines.

Mark

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 18/02/2013 at 12:26 »
Hi Rob, I caught a kelt in Kemnay beat, but the guy fished with me had 5 in about 2.5 hours. :z16 The beat is a slow flow pool, only about 100m long I think. Where were you fishing? up beat or low beat? Tight lines.

Mark

I was at Kemney also, Bridge Pool and Dookers (so top end). Only fished for a couple of hours and I am crap at this Salmon fishing business!

I only had my 12' #8 rod as the damn butt ring liner fell out of my heavy rod when I was tackling up (Damn Britsh quality!!) so I was struggling a bit with covering the water and casting 1.75" copper tubes. :(

And that is my excuse for today!!

Mark Zhang

« Reply #3 on: 18/02/2013 at 12:47 »
I was on the beat (Willows) above the bridge, Max 1 mile I think, so the fish probably will be in your pool today. Good luck.

Tight lines.

Mark

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 18/02/2013 at 12:50 »
I wont be fishing until at least next Saturday..so they will be well gone by the time I get out :(

I was going to try lower down but decided to stick to pools I kind of know. What a fool!!..lol

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com