Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Box for salmon flies
« on: 17/02/2013 at 19:30 »
It's time to upgrade from the golden Virginia tin. What would you guys suggest for a small selection of flies including tubes?

Rob Brownfield

Re: Box for salmon flies
« Reply #1 on: 18/02/2013 at 08:28 »
I hate to say it, but the Somers TAckle tube box. One side is made of compartments for tubes, the other is slotted for flies. The box itself is identical to a C&F and has the waterproof seal that keeps it afloat if dropped.

Only £15 too. http://www.grampianfishing.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=2074&osCsid=df0b577a95d49d8db519159c44c77f29

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 18/02/2013 at 10:02 »
I hate to say it, but the Somers TAckle tube box. One side is made of compartments for tubes, the other is slotted for flies. The box itself is identical to a C&F and has the waterproof seal that keeps it afloat if dropped.

Only £15 too. http://www.grampianfishing.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=2074&osCsid=df0b577a95d49d8db519159c44c77f29

Perfect thanks Rob! I have vouchers for Somers that are over a year old! Finally an idea of something I can spend some on :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 18/02/2013 at 12:22 »
 :z16

They are actually a pretty well thought out box, young Colin came up with the idea.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 18/02/2013 at 21:21 »
Just saw this Rob,

yeah, nice box may have to get one.

Just what you need Nowell, room for tube flies, double hooks, spare tubing & perhaps a large double or two just for the hell of it.

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 19/02/2013 at 08:46 »
Just saw this Rob,

yeah, nice box may have to get one.

Just what you need Nowell, room for tube flies, double hooks, spare tubing & perhaps a large double or two just for the hell of it.

Iain

Just what they are desinged for Iain. I like the fact they are transperent too, I have one "bright" box and one "dark" box, making it nice and easy to just grab say the "bright" box for when the river is running high.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com