Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jonathan Kerr

Jungle cock
« on: 13/02/2013 at 16:36 »
Hi, I finally got round to ordering some jc and arrived today. Whilst this probably isn't my best salmon fly, I think I do like jc on a some salmon flies. It just seems to finish them off nicely.

I just watched Davie mcphail using bug bond on his jc nails..do any of you on here treat your jc before using it? If so, what with?

Cheers, Jonathan

Rob Brownfield

Re: Jungle cock
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2013 at 09:40 »
I had not thought about BB on JC. Thats a really good tip. Thanks. I sometimes use JC on Pike Flies, but because they get shreaded, I always saw it as a bit of a luxury.

I also use it on trout streamers, and it seemed to improve results last year for me.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2013 at 10:01 »
Never used Bug Bond but I have, in the past, coated the back of larger (not best quality) JC feathers I've used on salmon flies with hard as nails.
Works well enough but, to be honest, it's a bit of an arse and I tend not to bother too much these days.
First quality JC makes all the difference.

H :z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 14/02/2013 at 14:27 »
Softex is what I use if required.

Cheers

Ben

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #4 on: 14/02/2013 at 15:59 »
Never heard of softex but it looks pretty good value online. Not used bug bond either actually, I just thought the way a little blob was put on the 'eye' looked pretty good and would certainly help with longevity. Maybe ill wait and see how many fish hit my flies before I worry about how long they last! Judging by last year, I should be ok! Lol

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com