Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Folks, I am desperate to offload for free an almost new set of Sumo rod carriers. These have only been used twice, they are reasonably expensive to buy in the first place but when your 15 foot salmon rod with your nice shiny expensive reel go flying off of your vehicle travelling between beats as mine did today then it becomes a very expensive exercise. I was driving my 30 year old land rover which can only grudgingly get up to 50 so the advert for these carriers with a video of a Subaru rally car going flat out is a load of Bollocks. Anyway I went to Bens shop at lunchtime to buy a different set that actually stick to old Landies. First person to PM can have the sodding things which will save me from the temptation of using them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Dixon

Re: free to someone, the most expensive rod carrier ever
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/2013 at 20:05 »
So the Vac Rac you got today works fine then Eddie?  :z4

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 08/02/2013 at 20:14 »
Ben,
it sure as hell works better than the sumo.

On the fishing front 3 kelts this afternoon and a big Baggot which I thought could have been a springer for a few minutes. Oh well there is always tomorrow.

Eddie.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 08/02/2013 at 21:26 »
Cool, some action at least!

Drop in for a brew if you get frozen off.

CHeers

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 08/02/2013 at 21:39 »
Ben,
will do because I forgot to get hooks to make those silver salmon flies. see you around lunchtime.

Eddie.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 09/02/2013 at 18:28 »
So the Vac Rac you got today works fine then Eddie?  :z4

Ben

Ben,
 road tested the vac rack today and they work perfectly and the dumps are off to a new home next week so it is all good.

Eddie.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 09/02/2013 at 18:39 »
Ben,
 road tested the vac rack today and they work perfectly and the dumps are off to a new home next week so it is all good.

Eddie.

Problem is Eddie, I sometimes fish with the guy you've just given the dump to.  Note to self, always pack my magnetic carriers whenever I see new proud owner of some Sumos  :z4

Did Pantoch produce?

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 09/02/2013 at 19:46 »
 Ben,
I saw one fish going through the neck of the Pantoch but I only got one of last year's models out of there followed by another five out of the tail of the floating bank. One of the other rods had an eleven pound Springer out of floating bank in the morning.

Maybe the carriers will be okay on a different vehicle.

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 09/02/2013 at 23:42 »
Magnetic or suction?

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 09/02/2013 at 23:44 »
Rob,
They are suction, magnetic mounts are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike on land rover bodies.

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 10/02/2013 at 23:38 »
Rob,
They are suction, magnetic mounts are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike on land rover bodies.

Eddie.

Exactly what I was going to say...lol.

I have heard a few stories about people trying to attach magnetic holders to Discoverys and the like..lol.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com