Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Marc Fauvet

Re: New Snowbee Tube
« Reply #30 on: 06/02/2013 at 14:47 »
You still need to undo the laces to get the zip boots off.

give that designer an award !!!  :z7

Loxiafan

« Reply #31 on: 06/02/2013 at 15:04 »
Thanks Ben, will be in soon to get a pair of either....the reviews of the Zippy one suggest it is much more convenient :z8) The Ultralites look a bit more "dude" so that is probably what I'll go for  :z4 Marc those bits look like my Le Chameau Mouflon Plus's (that are still going strong after 5 years).

L

terrier

« Reply #32 on: 16/02/2013 at 11:12 »
The snowbee tube (and vision) looks exactly the same as the RT one. Had the RT one (well two of them as fell appart so quick). Got my fish cat 4 deluxe now.
I liked the design of the TR but materials were not upto scratch. Zips bursting, plastic clips snapping, etc.
If built using better materials I'd recommend, if not then avoid. Another thing for anyone who gets one, I found if had seat base pumped up too much would constantly be slipping forward, always having to shuffle back. Had to have it pretty squidgy to prevent this.

terrier

« Reply #33 on: 16/02/2013 at 11:13 »

Mike Barrio

« Reply #34 on: 16/02/2013 at 12:08 »
Hi "Terrier"
Welcome to the forum :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #35 on: 16/02/2013 at 18:02 »
Hi Moray

Welcome to the forum

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #36 on: 16/02/2013 at 18:52 »
The snowbee tube (and vision) looks exactly the same as the RT one. Had the RT one (well two of them as fell appart so quick). Got my fish cat 4 deluxe now.
I liked the design of the TR but materials were not upto scratch. Zips bursting, plastic clips snapping, etc.
If built using better materials I'd recommend, if not then avoid. Another thing for anyone who gets one, I found if had seat base pumped up too much would constantly be slipping forward, always having to shuffle back. Had to have it pretty squidgy to prevent this.

Welcome to the forum  :z16

I've got the Guideline tube, fishes very nice but again, build could be better. There is definitely a market for a well made high riding tube.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #37 on: 16/02/2013 at 20:21 »
There is definitely a market for a well made high riding tube.
...... that is sensibly priced  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #38 on: 18/02/2013 at 08:30 »
Welcome to the forum  :z16

I've got the Guideline tube, fishes very nice but again, build could be better. There is definitely a market for a well made high riding tube.

Cheers

Ben

..and where is Steve Parton when you need him!

terrier

« Reply #39 on: 18/02/2013 at 22:30 »
Heard Steve was making another (and final) batch of his tubes.

Like I say I felt the design is good of the new snowbee tube, just the quality that might let it own. Contacted snowbee to ask them if made with better materials than the RT but got an answer that said thy can't compare it against other manufacturers products!?  I'm sorry but I take that to mean its the same  :z6
Certainly not got anything against snowbee though - got two of their prestige rods, boots, gloves, bags, etc

Ben Dixon

« Reply #40 on: 18/02/2013 at 22:42 »
..and where is Steve Parton when you need him!

Hi Rob,

I agree, his tubes are well put together but they are of the Shakey arse dragger captain slow, I want bigger legs design.  I want something like a Guideline but with A1 top build quality.  The Outcast tubes are good but too damn heavy to carry far.

Cheers

Ben

Jim Eddie

« Reply #41 on: 19/02/2013 at 07:02 »
Heard Steve was making another (and final) batch of his tubes.

Like I say I felt the design is good of the new snowbee tube, just the quality that might let it own. Contacted snowbee to ask them if made with better materials than the RT but got an answer that said thy can't compare it against other manufacturers products!?  I'm sorry but I take that to mean its the same  :z6
Certainly not got anything against snowbee though - got two of their prestige rods, boots, gloves, bags, etc

Moray

I was not impressed by the quality of the bladder material of the previous  Snowbee model. So if there is no improvement in quality I would steer clear.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #42 on: 19/02/2013 at 08:31 »
Hi Rob,

I agree, his tubes are well put together but they are of the Shakey arse dragger captain slow, I want bigger legs design.  I want something like a Guideline but with A1 top build quality.  The Outcast tubes are good but too damn heavy to carry far.

Cheers

Ben

Well you are the chap with connections. Get Orvis to bring over some of the US model or better still, a pontoon boat :)

Allan Liddle

« Reply #43 on: 19/02/2013 at 21:59 »
Arse in the water maybe slower to get around, but much easier to control, safer and allows you to fish more consistantly in big water.
Pontoon boat?  Aye great for a flat calm, and much as i would love to get conditions like this every time, sadly they are in the minority in Scotland.

Still think Shakey Expo Arse Dunker the best.   :z4 :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #44 on: 19/02/2013 at 22:11 »
Yup, what he said  :z16

I love my Shakey, a lot more than the Red Oktober 1. Big waves are not a problem as are strong winds - the lower you are the less the wind bothers you. It's really easy to steer and hold by the shore or over good lies.

Build quality is the best out there, even though I have removed all the bells, whistles, straps and d-rings that are un-necessary for my tastes. Now I have a streamlined, tangled-line free tube that allows a much easier c&r.

My only complaint? Difficult to float out in shallow water without dragging yer ass, but once you're in deep water - superb!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com