Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Digital Camcorders for fishing?
« Reply #15 on: 10/01/2013 at 08:56 »
Are you sure it wasn't an OM1? I had an OM10 for a short while.

He used a fair few different cameras to be honest. I picked up on the OM10 because it used to be a very common camera back in the day. From what I remember, he chose the OM10 for shooting slide film because the inbuilt metering was pretty much spot on for this style.

His preferred studio camera was a Rolleiflex, a brute of a thing being a twin lens reflex. Carl Zeiss produced the lenses for them and the negatives are 10x8 inches..and EXPENSIVE!

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #16 on: 11/01/2013 at 08:17 »
Rob,
Rolleiflex twin lens was a 6x6 and the negs where exactly 56x56mm.
the 8x10 was a view camera with sheet film.

cheers,
marc

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 11/01/2013 at 11:31 »
Rob,
Rolleiflex twin lens was a 6x6 and the negs where exactly 56x56mm.
the 8x10 was a view camera with sheet film.

cheers,
marc

Cheers...my brain is old and shriveled!

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #18 on: 12/01/2013 at 23:00 »
that's what i was thinking....   :X2  :roll  :wink  :z4  :shock  :z3  :grin

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 16/01/2013 at 23:54 »
Went for a wander and had a wee play with this today. Not up to Goolager standards I'm afraid, a simple walkabout with my hands in my pockets as it was a tad cold :z4 but it was interesting to get an idea of how things work :cool:

Looking forward to the learning curve .........

Cheers
Mike

Looks reasonable for a first effort if you change the settings to HD ........ no signs of any fish :z4

Brian Brand

« Reply #20 on: 17/01/2013 at 11:17 »
That looks great for the 1st time out Mike, good crisp picture feature.

Bri.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #21 on: 17/01/2013 at 15:41 »
Nice pictures Mike. When your feet come into shot you get a real idea of how wide the angle of the lens is. It looks like you are on stilts.

Irvine

Iain Goolager

« Reply #22 on: 18/01/2013 at 19:43 »
cool Mike  :z16

Looking forward to some fishing footage this year.

Iain

Loxiafan

« Reply #23 on: 31/01/2013 at 12:59 »
That is really good quality Mike, what GoPro are you and Goolager using - the Hero2 HD Outdoor ?

I could be tempted for a Hero2 (the 3 is out of budget) as I would really quite like lots of footage of me playing big trout....then losing them in the weeds  :z4

Any probs with them "freezing" up after a few secs recording that the interweb is rife of ? Can you mount it safely on say a reversed baseball cap ?

Cheers,

Lindsay

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 31/01/2013 at 13:14 »
Hi Lindsay

Mine is a 3 and I think Iain's is a 2. Lot's of good deals on the 2 at the moment on the net. I haven't had a look at the settings or anything yet, that was taken by simply taking the thing out of the box, putting it on the head strap and turning it on :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Loxiafan

« Reply #25 on: 31/01/2013 at 13:25 »
Mine is a 3 and I think Iain's is a 2. Lot's of good deals on the 2 at the moment on the net. I haven't had a look at the settings or anything yet, that was taken by simply taking the thing out of the box, putting it on the head strap and turning it on :z4

Thank Mike, very good effort straight out the box ! Yes the 2's are going for a song just now and are appealing ! The 3 looks really good but having just bought another Rod (and Guitar  :shock) and paid the Tax for the year ( :z10) it would be hard for me to justify !

Cheers,

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #26 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:23 »
Hi Lonsdale,

I can't bring myself to check out the current deals on the GoPro2 it might make me cry. Obviously the 3 must be an improvement on the 2 e.g more compact and has new features like WI-FI, increased frame rate ( if I recall correctly), etc but the 2 is still more than capable of making good videos of your 'trout lost in the weedbeds' productions.

Sell one of your guitars!

I've said before that it's important to take photo's of your fish and surroundings so that they can be remembered and relived long after the event, but to my mind video is so much more stimulating and in a few years I'll wager that the amount of guys (and gals) recording their exploits will start to rocket.

Any probs with them "freezing" up after a few secs recording that the interweb is rife of ? Can you mount it safely on say a reversed baseball cap ?

Don't know what you mean here Lindsdale? You don't mean the buffering from having a council broadband rate do you?..... As for freezing up, never been an issue for me.
Baseball cap? It won't sit on one with NY or Lakers on it but the head strap will allow it to sit on a normal cap just fine.

Iain

Loxiafan

« Reply #27 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:57 »
Cheers Iain,

Thanks for the comments. Yep good deals on Hero2 just now, the 3 would be hard to justify though.

I'd come across quite a bit of anti Pro2 and even new 3, where the camera switches off after a few secs and says "repair file edit". It doesn't and only cure is to remove battery and reboot ? Thats said, some of these dudes are using it on skiing holidays and I wonder if it is the cold.

Close to pulling the trigger on Hero2 Outdoor Edition, but it might have to be a 'black op' job  :wink

Linz

Iain Goolager

« Reply #28 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:59 »
You know it makes sense!

Loxiafan

« Reply #29 on: 01/02/2013 at 13:15 »
You know it makes sense!

Don't know about that, but too late now black op in progress :wink

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com