Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Thanks for all your orders!
« on: 27/12/2012 at 15:46 »
Thanks for all your orders! :z16

That's the next batch ready for the Post Office and I should hopefully manage to get the rest of the orders done this afternoon too.

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

Re: Thanks for all your orders!
« Reply #1 on: 27/12/2012 at 17:33 »
A few of your lines made it safely to Cape Town in my suitcase today mike  :grin
They will be getting some action in a few weeks :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/12/2012 at 17:36 »
A few of your lines made it safely to Cape Town in my suitcase today mike  :grin
They will be getting some action in a few weeks :z16

Great stuff Noel, hope you have great fun on those lovely looking streams they have there!

Best wishes
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 27/12/2012 at 17:53 »
Good work Mike!  :z16
Is the painting the 1965 or the 1967 British Grand Prix with the great Jim Clark leading and winning? I can't make out which race it is.

:z1

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 27/12/2012 at 17:59 »
Great stuff Noel, hope you have great fun on those lovely looking streams they have there!

Best wishes
Mike

Saltwater quest this year mike! May fish the cape streams but not planning it atm.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 27/12/2012 at 18:13 »
Good work Mike!  :z16
Is the painting the 1965 or the 1967 British Grand Prix with the great Jim Clark leading and winning? I can't make out which race it is.

It is a limited edition print Euan ..... "Jim Clark World Champion 1963 and 1965".

Silverstone GP 1965, Jim Clark leads in the Lotus, then Hill in the BRM, Surtees in a Ferrari, Ginther in a Honda, Stewart in a BRM, Spence in a Lotus, McLaren in a Cooper,  and Rindt in a Cooper.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 27/12/2012 at 18:14 »
Saltwater quest this year mike! May fish the cape streams but not planning it atm.

Cool .... looking forward to the pics Noel :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 27/12/2012 at 18:25 »
If you're a Jim Clark fan and you have a few minutes to spare ..... watch this! :z16

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2012/01/video-documentary-jim-clark-the-quiet-champion/

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 27/12/2012 at 18:30 »
It is a limited edition print Euan ..... "Jim Clark World Champion 1963 and 1965".

That's special Mike, really special.
IMHO, Jim Clark was the best driver ever. I believe there is a programme on BBC Scotland tonight that features JC. I'm sure the programme will be awful but if there is footage of Jim then all will be forgiven.  :z4

Best looking cars too, the Lotus Climax and the Ol' 47

Off to do a Youtube search for JC videos

Euan Innes

« Reply #9 on: 27/12/2012 at 21:07 »
Sometimes things just work out nicely....
One hour Eastenders tonight which I neatly swerved by watching the one hour Jim Clark programme recommended by Mike. If you haven't seen it and have even the slightest interest in motorsport, watch it.

Just a class chap, a true gentleman, a natural racer and just NOT a dick like a lot of modern sportsmen.
Thanks Mike.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 27/12/2012 at 21:54 »
Thanks for all your orders! :z16

Mike, i finally had a wee test drive with the 6wt GT125 yesterday on grass with the TCX that i bought from Sandy. It is superb, I cant wait to try the 4 wt SLX and take them both out on water somewhere to actually fish with them. Thanks again for a superb product at a realistic price.

Eddie.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 28/12/2012 at 16:09 »
Great stuff Eddie, I'm really pleased that you like the line :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Peter Rawlinson

« Reply #12 on: 29/12/2012 at 20:29 »
Got  my line just before Christmas ,  tried it twice now for rainbows . I am very happy with it .'

Thanks Mike for  excellent service .

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 29/12/2012 at 21:16 »
Great stuff Pete, I'm very pleased that you like it :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com