Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Residents told to stay away from the coast...
« on: 20/12/2012 at 09:25 »
...which would explain all the seagulls in Banchory this morning, they have listened to the warnings!

So we are in for another storm and the world ends tomorrow, anyone here worried about being swept away in the predicted flooding?

We live half way up a hill and the water has been streaming down the hill for at least a week now, so much so that the track to the house has started to wash away. Our neighbour who lives in a slight dip in the road has had water in through the front door and the garage and shed are still sitting in 6 inches of water.

Time to build an Ark me thinks!

Rob Brownfield

Re: Residents told to stay away from the coast...
« Reply #1 on: 20/12/2012 at 09:26 »
Oh, and the Beltie burn is more like the Fuegh just now! I wonder what impact that will have on the Salmon fry/parr/eggs?

Euan Innes

Re: Residents told to stay away from the coast...
« Reply #2 on: 20/12/2012 at 15:52 »
The North Esk is higher than I've seen it since I moved down here.
Bits that didn't flood in the past are now wet and getting wetter. I am supposed to go to Aberdeen tonight but might just hit the sofa with a glass of wine instead  :z18

Have to go tomorrow morning too and no getting out of that one - xmas run to my mums  :X1 Here'a hoping the roads are better. I can drive just fine at my normal speed in the pissing rain but I live in fear of the numpty apocalypse.

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com