Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Small Stream split cane rod
« Reply #1 on: 18/12/2012 at 21:33 »
Cracking video Jim. Only problem is that I am pining for next season even more than ever now.

Eddie.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #2 on: 18/12/2012 at 23:24 »
that's one of my all time favorites Jim, thanks for keeping it alive. the sounds, the flies coming off, the gorgeous brownies. too f'n  :cool: !

cheers,
marc

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 19/12/2012 at 09:12 »
I used to have a small stream run through the garden in Auchenblae, very much like the one in the video.

When I built the odd rod for Somers, Jim showed me a pile of split cane blanks he had bought when Sharpes closed down. In among the blanks were several Lee Wulff, 7 and 8 footers, about a 3/4 weight. He let me have one to play about with. It made THE perfect small stream rod and some of my best memories where round standing knee deep in grass, flicking a small Iron Blue Dun at brownies in the 8-12oz bracket.

That video brought it all flooding back. The rod has a busted tip (a branch :( ) but maybe I should fix it and go and visit the stream once more.

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 19/12/2012 at 17:03 »
That's a belter Jim.  :z16

Now I have found a line that actually works on my 7 1/2 footer I want to use it more next year.
There are parts of the North Esk that a 7'6" #4 would be the business so, like my teacher once said, must try harder.

:z1

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 19/12/2012 at 21:34 »
Thanks guys I like to share the love  :z4

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com