Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: rod licences
« Reply #15 on: 15/12/2012 at 11:51 »
I was a member of SANA until all the splits came about at the time of building the new lodge at the Pier Kevin.

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #16 on: 15/12/2012 at 12:56 »
yes that was a lot of money.There was a lot of egos around at that time which was a shame and angling wasn't on the main agenda.

Myself I left it aswell,too much money being wasted on things that were not important.The many paid in and the few benefited from it, when everyone should.

A few competitions are fine but never should they be the be all and end all.When you look around at anglers ages these days we have lost a generation between the ages of 20 and 35 and the average age of angler is about 55.That is not good for the future of the sport.Who will look after it in the future.

The problem is that we remember the bad old SANA and that's why it needs a total revamp that anglers can get behind,support and see a return to them and angling,that gives angling strength and a voice ,just like Basc and Rspb and the Now Angling Trust/Fish Legal has.   

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 15/12/2012 at 13:20 »
Many have given up on SANA Kevin ..................................

But perhaps if SANA were to come away from competition angling altogether, no more national leagues, no more national teams -  and hand all of the competition side of things to SANACC ( the seperate organisation ) and politely ask that they change their name to something that did not include "SANA" in it, there might possibly still be a chance that anglers would get behind SANA and support them?
You are right, there are volunteers who work hard and a new SANA could focus on so much more! :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 15/12/2012 at 14:38 »
Hamish's point about a voluntary rod licence is a very good one :z16

I perhaps have some experience of this from the past - in Spain, like here, anybody can go walking or climbing in the hills, but if you were serious about it in Spain you could buy a voluntary "Mountaineering Licence" to support mountain rescue teams and the upkeep of shelters and paths etc. The licence did not cost much and apart from helping your sport, mountaineering shops usually gave you a bit of discount off gear if you were licenced and the licence also included mountaineering accident insurance.

A "New SANA" without competitions - would be in a very strong position for putting something like this in to operation as they used to include insurance as part of SANA membership.

Perhaps a possibility?

Best wishes
Mike

Please don't laugh at the photo :z4 ..... but just to back this up :wink

Tam Greenock

« Reply #19 on: 15/12/2012 at 15:23 »
I thought buying a permit was your license to fish !!!

Tam Greenock

« Reply #20 on: 15/12/2012 at 15:26 »
Good piccy mike lol but more like Michael Barrymore than Barrio. And what's with the NacGregor ?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #21 on: 15/12/2012 at 15:33 »
Good piccy mike lol but more like Michael Barrymore than Barrio. And what's with the NacGregor ?

Bad typing by the issuer Tam :z4

In Spain you have to use both your parents surnames, so father's surname first then mother's maiden name, in my case MacGregor :wink

Cheers
Mike

Tam Greenock

« Reply #22 on: 15/12/2012 at 16:14 »
Ah ok, I'm hoping to get out fishing the Swan River soon with Liam (young gun)

Jim Eddie

« Reply #23 on: 15/12/2012 at 16:16 »
Mike
Why did you have a photo of Pancho Villa on your license  :z4

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 15/12/2012 at 16:19 »
Bugger ......... I knew this would happen! :X1

:z4
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #25 on: 15/12/2012 at 16:24 »
And the winner of the Ron Jeremy lookalike competition is????????????? :z4

Kevin Moss

« Reply #26 on: 15/12/2012 at 17:40 »
Quality picture Mike :z4 Bit of the old Magnum PI there(Tom Selleck)

I believe that the membership fee to SANA still includes insurance in it,which is always good to have as an angler these days.

If we compare angling trust in England ,everything comes under them now,ADB,TEFF the lot.

The main thing there is everyone works together.Its the anglers of tomorrow that will be the losers without an organisation to represent them.
But a name change is required to move on I would agree and have suggested it.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #27 on: 15/12/2012 at 18:25 »
A name change might possibly help Kevin, but having nothing to do with organising competitions ... and focusing on all aspects of angling would be far more important in my opinion.

Best wishes
Mike

Allan Liddle

« Reply #28 on: 15/12/2012 at 18:33 »
According to Richard Lockheed when I spoke to him in Lossiemouth today it'll never happen anyway?  No licence required to land the salmon I found washed up on Kingston beach today, well actually more like in the middle of the play park about 500 feet from the shore.  Lossie in a bit of a state as well.  Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #29 on: 15/12/2012 at 20:27 »

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com